[v15 ground combat] blown item leaves pink area

squeezechart

6 hours ago, squeezechart said:

Thanks. Yeah, this is going to happen a lot - there's a lot of broken textures I just need to sort through, maybe I'll do that tonight!

42 minutes ago, Moonfire said:

On a probably related note, aliens are making the human sounds when hurt. On a less-likely-to-be related note, the sound of a wall crumbling (like bricks falling over) is WAY louder than everything else.

Nah, that's not related. Which specific aliens? Grab a screenshot of the affected units and post it up, unless it's literally every alien. Either the sound lookup is broken or I've set something incorrectly in their stats.

That last thing isn't a bug but I'll take a look and fix it for the update today if I can. Feel free to keep reporting that sort of thing as part of general feedback because it's easy enough to fix.

I wasn't paying close enough attention to notice if any aliens weren't using the wrong sounds, but I do remember several varieties of Psions and Sebillians doing it so far. I have a save game from ground combat with several Sebillians that used the wrong sounds as well as a demonstration of the very significant volume difference I mentioned (a grenade set to explode next to something that makes the wall destruction noise where the grenade is at an expected volume while the destruction noise was full-blast). Unfortunately, the hotfix landed and I can't load them to check which one it was. I'll post the requested screens when next I encounter the wrong sound issue.

Update on the alien injury noises: I noted on a new game today that all the Sebillians and Psyons I encountered in two different Scout crash sites all made the correct noises, but all the Psyons in a Destroyer crash site made human sounds. I'll add more data points to this until you're able to locate the trouble.

1 hour ago, Moonfire said:

Update on the alien injury noises: I noted on a new game today that all the Sebillians and Psyons I encountered in two different Scout crash sites all made the correct noises, but all the Psyons in a Destroyer crash site made human sounds. I'll add more data points to this until you're able to locate the trouble.

Thanks. Saves also help in this situation, because I think we can view what the sound settings are on a specific combatant in the dev version of the game and that might shed some light on the issue.