[V14.2 Ground Combat] Game Crush

MrAlex

And it is desirable to reduce the time between attacks of the orbital station at low difficulty levels. I play at almost the lowest level, but attacks occur every 8-9 game days. Less than two months have passed, and the panic rate has already exceeded 50 in all regions, despite the excellent actions of the fighters and the ground team.

P.S. You should also add the ability to fire unwanted soldiers. I can hire a lot of them, but I can't fire them.

You can fire them, you have to look correctly.

Yes the Orbital Bombardement get lower with the Time down to 6 Days, which shouldn´t. There you have right.

To reduce the Panic you have Agents, which fill up from time to Time as well as R & D-Specials and your Outposts.

Edited by Alienkiller

11 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

You can fire them, you have to look correctly.

How? There is no FIRE button in soldiers interface, only HIRE!

And how to unlock dodges on fighters? In one of the battles there was an opportunity to use evasion. But no more. Tried all the equipment options. Still blocked.

It is also advisable to add information on how many days it takes to repair the fighter. It seems that they are generally not repaired.

Edited by MrAlex

OK back to your Problem. Yep, the new Ground-Maps still have Problems (like Farm, small Villages, Harbors etc.), which will be done step by step.

That we had very often with the Grenade Launcher and Hand Grenades as well as Rocket Launcher from the MARS up to Beta 14.2. In Hotfixes this Problem could be solved on the old Groundmaps incl. Beta 13.x, hopfully the Devs will get that Problem solved in the new Maps quickly too in the new Groundmaps forever.

Edited by Alienkiller

On 11/15/2020 at 2:12 PM, MrAlex said:
I threw a few grenades at the aliens. When switching to the aliens turn, the game crush at the moment of the grenades explosion.
Each restart of this save game gives the same result

user_m2-33.json

On 11/17/2020 at 12:29 AM, MrAlex said:

How? There is no FIRE button in soldiers interface, only HIRE!

And how to unlock dodges on fighters? In one of the battles there was an opportunity to use evasion. But no more. Tried all the equipment options. Still blocked.

It is also advisable to add information on how many days it takes to repair the fighter. It seems that they are generally not repaired.

Thanks for the information. I'll go through the comments in order:

That save game is great, thanks, it crashes for me too. We'll look into why the game is crashing there.

It's possible to fire soldiers by clicking the X at the end of their row in V14, I believe. The UI will be updated in V15.1 to have a mass selection fire button like we had in X1 which should be easier to use.

The doding on fighters is unlocked by using the light armour - if you equip a fighter with the heavy armour, it can't dodge. I know this isn't explained anywhere, sorry. If it's not working that way then that's a bug!

21 hours ago, Chris said:

The doding on fighters is unlocked by using the light armour - if you equip a fighter with the heavy armour, it can't dodge. I know this isn't explained anywhere, sorry. If it's not working that way then that's a bug!

Your idea is clear and reasonable. It seems that the evasion works with the basic configuration (light armor). Once a heavy armor has been fitted to a fighter, there is no evasion, even if light armor is installed back on it. So I had this problem in version 14.2.

What about the repair time of fighters? Can damage to the fighter interfere with the use of evasion.

Edited by MrAlex

22 hours ago, Chris said:

That save game is great, thanks, it crashes for me too. We'll look into why the game is crashing there.

Is it possible to change the detonation time of grenades? It is very inconvenient when they explode at the end of the player's turn, because it is not clear how many grenades are needed to kill a particular alien. In most such games, they detonate immediately after landing, and this is much more convenient for planning further actions of the team. It will also automatically fix the crash problem from the simultaneous explosion of several grenades.

There is also an interesting idea to add mines. An explosive that will detonate if someone steps on it.

Edited by MrAlex

With the Explosive Grenades and C4 I´m fully with you. The Smoke-, Stun- and Flashbang-Grenades explode at once after they get thrown on Traget.

But Mines are a no Go. It was in Discussion and that Idea get canceld for many Reasons. The Main Reason (from real World) is that you will hurt only exactly that People you have to save (Civilians, friendly Army, Agents etc.).

Edited by Alienkiller

4 hours ago, MrAlex said:

Your idea is clear and reasonable. It seems that the evasion works with the basic configuration (light armor). Once a heavy armor has been fitted to a fighter, there is no evasion, even if light armor is installed back on it. So I had this problem in version 14.2.

What about the repair time of fighters? Can damage to the fighter interfere with the use of evasion.

OK, sounds like a bug. We'll take a look at it next week to see if it is broken and fix it if so. No, damage to fighters doesn't cause them to lose evasion. The repair speed of fighters is much slower than it was in X1 but they do still get repaired - the time info is visible on the Aircraft screen.

4 hours ago, MrAlex said:

Is it possible to change the detonation time of grenades? It is very inconvenient when they explode at the end of the player's turn, because it is not clear how many grenades are needed to kill a particular alien. In most such games, they detonate immediately after landing, and this is much more convenient for planning further actions of the team. It will also automatically fix the crash problem from the simultaneous explosion of several grenades.

There is also an interesting idea to add mines. An explosive that will detonate if someone steps on it.

Yes, it's very easy to make them work like that, but I'm pretty sure they worked this way in Xenonauts 1 too, didn't they? Grenades ended up being too powerful if you let them detonate instantly.

Proximity grenades are 95% implemented already, but they're currently disabled because they tend to cause crashes. We'll probably take another look at that in Early Access and see if we can get them working properly.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Yes, it's very easy to make them work like that, but I'm pretty sure they worked this way in Xenonauts 1 too, didn't they? Grenades ended up being too powerful if you let them detonate instantly.

You can achieve balance by reducing damage or range, or in other ways. Just when I threw three grenades at the android and it was not enough, he destroyed most of my team in the next round. Since then, I have stopped using them because this setting makes grenades unreliable. All types of grenades, except those that cause direct damage, work immediately and this adds meaning to their use. With the current settings, it is better to use missile systems rather than grenades.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:53 PM, Chris said:

It's possible to fire soldiers by clicking the X at the end of their row in V14, I believe. The UI will be updated in V15.1 to have a mass selection fire button like we had in X1 which should be easier to use.

This is a screenshot of version 14.2. There is no X near the soldiers. Or it is somewhere outside the screen.

By the way, why not just return what was in the Xenonauts 1? In addition, it was very convenient when the characteristics of the soldiers were highlighted in different colors.

Screen.jpg

First Part.jpg

13 hours ago, MrAlex said:

This is a screenshot of version 14.2. There is no X near the soldiers. Or it is somewhere outside the screen.

By the way, why not just return what was in the Xenonauts 1? In addition, it was very convenient when the characteristics of the soldiers were highlighted in different colors.

That's fixed in the V15 builds. The colour coding of the soldier stats hasn't been done yet but it will be done sometime soon, definitely before Early Access.