steam discussions perma ban for old post?

today i received this when i logged in and i gotta say i feel really hurt and betrayed by this dev team, for one this post that i made was at least 6 months old and for two i actactily own this game so its a big deal that the devs banned me for a post, i dont remember the term "shill" meaning anything other then an larper, but then agian this dev team are located in to the UK so im not that familiar to illegal words that have down there.

in just i want this banned reversed since what i posted was to defend a game series that i like and supported for the last 5 years. feels like a back stab if you ask me, motivated me to come here looking for answers since the steam ban made it so i cant even post any questons even if i wanted too unless it was for the 1st xenonauts, i doubt that any devs would even bother looking at its forum. thank you for reading my rant. 

shills.png

Hi, sorry you're upset. The X2 Steam forum moderation is done by someone who isn't part of the dev team but we work closely with (I don't have time to moderate those forums myself), and basically they're working to try and stop the Steam forums becoming a toxic place. There's a lot of toxic people on Steam so that tends to involve banning quite a few people, unfortunately.

I think the reason you got banned was probably for two reasons - first, you used the term "spas", which is short for "spastic" and is considered a disability slur in the UK these days and generally not a cool thing to say to someone. Secondly, your reply was pretty agressive. It's not like that Swisspike guy said anything particularly rude in his post ... sure, it's not nice to hear he thinks our game is a buggy mess, but I can see why someone might have that opinion and it's not necessary to attack them for having that opinion. Better just to say "I don't know why Swisspike is saying that, the game isn't that buggy in my opinion", etc.

Anyway, I'll have a chat to our moderator and ask for your ban to be revoked - I understand you were just trying to be helpful and I appreciate you defending the game and the development team. But just be careful in future not to be too rude to other forum users when you defend us, because our moderators will re-ban you if you do.

If your Steam username isn't the same as your forum username here, can you send me a PM with your details? Thanks.

(BTW - Beta 14 only came out two weeks ago so I'd be surprised if that post was six months old!)

Yep that´s bad, but sometimes People which are like a 5-year child need an slap in the face. Esp. ones which are bringin in false pretenses like in the Xenonauts 2 - October-is Update. 

I have give someone there a piece of my mind and get a Warning-Post. But it was worth the trouble.

Edited by Alienkiller

On 11/11/2020 at 9:12 PM, dustkills said:

today i received this when i logged in and i gotta say i feel really hurt and betrayed by this dev team, for one this post that i made was at least 6 months old and for two i actactily own this game so its a big deal that the devs banned me for a post, i dont remember the term "shill" meaning anything other then an larper, but then agian this dev team are located in to the UK so im not that familiar to illegal words that have down there.

in just i want this banned reversed since what i posted was to defend a game series that i like and supported for the last 5 years. feels like a back stab if you ask me, motivated me to come here looking for answers since the steam ban made it so i cant even post any questons even if i wanted too unless it was for the 1st xenonauts, i doubt that any devs would even bother looking at its forum. thank you for reading my rant. 

OK, our moderator says you are now unbanned. That Swisspike guy also got banned for continually causing arguments, by the way, so hopefully he won't be any more trouble in the future either!

On 11/11/2020 at 4:12 PM, dustkills said:

shills.png

Be careful with the term "shill" as well, because in the US it can mean someone who endorses a company or product to an extreme for money or compensation, while trying to hide said compensation. Often times it's used to label people who vehemently defend a product to an extreme extent against all reasonable criticism.