Disgusting changes in october update.

UGI

Guys, why fire is so awfull? Why alien animation became so "broken"? Explosions are remade and broken?

I played demo and played after buying the game. It called absolutly another strong fillings. And what is happening now?

I really hope this are temporrary changes.

Hi,

We haven't looked at the visuals of shooting in GC for quite a bit and because a lot of new assets got introduced need to give it another pass - so likely this is a temporary change.

Having said that, it would really help us fix the issue if you could provide some details on the specific issues you have with it.
Is it mechanical (Do you feel they miss more, hit more, etc) or visual (it looks bad)?

What specifically felt or looked bad and do you maybe have screenshots or recordings of it? (or maybe a save game?)

What was the last version you played prior to this version?

I would suggest if the Game works fully stable and the important other things are in and done, we can beginn to make Graphics and other things which dosen´t look so good atm better. 

Stability, Playability, Ballance and missing Things are more important now then some Graphics, which can be done later or as a side work.

Edited by Alienkiller

5 hours ago, UGI said:

Guys, why fire is so awfull? Why alien animation became so "broken"? Explosions are remade and broken?

I played demo and played after buying the game. It called absolutly another strong fillings. And what is happening now?

I really hope this are temporrary changes.

The alien animations and the fire animation haven't changed in roughly 18 months, so you'll have to give us more information about what your problem is.

Maybe there's a bug but if all you say is "it's broken" or "it's awful" then there's not much we can do to help.

Ok guys. I installed demo version and comparised behavior with new build.

1. Fire is the same. I apologize about it. But I just don't like current effect (it's my personal problem)

2. First problem is that walls and other stuff damage behavior is broken. Walls just disappear without breaking stadies.

3. After staff is destroyed there are purple artefacts on the screen where destroyed object was previously. It reproduces with walls, mars machine.

4. Alliens became very accurate. 99% shots goes to target. Maybe it's not a problem.

That;s all for now. 

Yeah, there are still Map-Problems there, which will be done Step by Step. Point 3 is one of them.

Therefore the Covering things, which you mean in Point 2 working like they should, if you use them correctly. But maybe there are overseen ones which are not working fully correctly and we Betatesters haven´t had that Problem.

Point 4 is a Feature, because the Aliens have better Eyes, Ears etc. than the Human Soldier or the MARS- / ARES-Vehicle. With more Research and better Equipment for your Soldiers / Vehicles of your Organisation stabilize that Alien-Advantage with time, but not in the first minimum 4 to 5 Months. Belongs how far or near the Aliens are away that they hit your Soldiers, Civilians, Vehicles etc.

Edited by Alienkiller

9 hours ago, UGI said:

Ok guys. I installed demo version and comparised behavior with new build.

1. Fire is the same. I apologize about it. But I just don't like current effect (it's my personal problem)

2. First problem is that walls and other stuff damage behavior is broken. Walls just disappear without breaking stadies.

3. After staff is destroyed there are purple artefacts on the screen where destroyed object was previously. It reproduces with walls, mars machine.

4. Alliens became very accurate. 99% shots goes to target. Maybe it's not a problem.

That;s all for now. 

Thanks. So the good news is that most of these are things that we are planning to fix:

1. Yeah, fire does look bad - we're planning to improve how it looks before the game is released.
  2. Yeah, this will be fixed before the game is finished. We need to add damaged and destroyed states to everything, and only some things have it at the moment.
  3. Purple artefacts means there is a broken texture. If you see it, please screenshot it and post it on the forums - it's something that we can easily fix if we know where the problem is!
  4. I don't think this is a bug, I think you probably just got unlucky.
  • Like 1