Is AI a bit too aggressive inside of building and ships?

I quite like the current AI, it's pretty aggressive, moves on your troops and this puts a bit of pressure instead of letting you deploy and move troops in peace. But i have one issue with that behaviour and that's during ship/base assaults, as this means right now I did not have once to actually enter a ship (not to mention go and clear rooms, which is a high risk play), as all the aliens will come into the front room and I can just kill them from the outside form up.

This is even more obvious when assaulting alien bases, as all the 3 times I went through that mission all the aliens simply converged at the entry room which while results in a very intense fights (there is a lot of dangerous aliens in that base) it also means that once you fight your way through that horse the base is, well, empty, with usually just one alien at the far edge of the map. IMO that makes for a bit of weird base assault where once you are past the insanely hard initial fight, with what seems to be endless amount of enemies, then you can just walk through the base relatively confident that there are no more enemies to jump you, instead of going through the base and fighting on room-for-room basis.

Yeah, that's not how they're meant to behave - a few aliens are meant to be aggressive but in general they're meant to wait for you to come to them. It's happening because the combat AI isn't really implemented properly yet, but we should have a way to make certain aliens more passive even at this stage. I'll have a chat with the coders about it and see if we can update it for V15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Yeah, that's not how they're meant to behave - a few aliens are meant to be aggressive but in general they're meant to wait for you to come to them. It's happening because the combat AI isn't really implemented properly yet, but we should have a way to make certain aliens more passive even at this stage. I'll have a chat with the coders about it and see if we can update it for V15.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if a bug so posted about it here instead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 8:23 AM, Chris said:

Ideally, some aliens will block (say under cover and wait for targets) while others will try to sneak around your flanks.