[V14] Can shoot an alien I cannot see but my squaddies can

Puciek

As per picture, I was able to shoot at the alien which apparently my soldier cannot see, but it was spotted by my other squadmate (before, since then he has retreated). Attaching screen and save, either the view indication is broken and my soldier was seeing the alien, or he shouldn't be able to shoot at it, i think, or at the very least this should incur serious aim penalty but it doesn't seem to.

AIk6kaM.jpg

user_odd_view-7.json

Edited by Puciek

This isn't a bug, exactly - it's intentional within the design and is exactly the same as how Xenonauts or X-Com worked ... except in those cases the aliens didn't stay visible after being spotted, but you could still fire at the tile they were on with no penalty.

In X2 we've decided to make them remain visible for the remainder of the turn, because it doesn't necessarily make sense that your soldiers totally forget where the aliens are. If you think the game mechanic should change (maybe a ghost of the alien should remain but it wouldn't be targetable in the same way as an actual alien, and you wouldn't know if the alien had died until you saw it again) then by all means create a forum thread in general discussion about it so people can give their opinions.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chris said:

This isn't a bug, exactly - it's intentional within the design and is exactly the same as how Xenonauts or X-Com worked ... except in those cases the aliens didn't stay visible after being spotted, but you could still fire at the tile they were on with no penalty.

In X2 we've decided to make them remain visible for the remainder of the turn, because it doesn't necessarily make sense that your soldiers totally forget where the aliens are. If you think the game mechanic should change (maybe a ghost of the alien should remain but it wouldn't be targetable in the same way as an actual alien, and you wouldn't know if the alien had died until you saw it again) then by all means create a forum thread in general discussion about it so people can give their opinions.

i like this method, somewhat similar than Firaxis X-com SquadSight. However, there should be an aim penalty for the shooting soldier as he did't realy see the target only know where it should be.
I think :)