When will terrain actually become destructible?

MrFugg

I have been testing different updated versions of this game for a long time and keep waiting for actual destructible terrain to come back. I read in other forums that the terrain basically IS destructible, only with an insane amount of hit points. On this basis I have tried destructing Trees, bushes rocks and wooden cabin walls, throwing grenades after grenades at them and pumping them full with all amo from every weapon I have. Nothing happens. So having "destructuble" terrain with more resilience than a standard nuclear bunker amounts to rather the same as having no destructible terrain at all. 

And not having destructible terrain is an absolute deal breaker for me...

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 11:53 PM, MrFugg said:

I have been testing different updated versions of this game for a long time and keep waiting for actual destructible terrain to come back. I read in other forums that the terrain basically IS destructible, only with an insane amount of hit points. On this basis I have tried destructing Trees, bushes rocks and wooden cabin walls, throwing grenades after grenades at them and pumping them full with all amo from every weapon I have. Nothing happens. So having "destructuble" terrain with more resilience than a standard nuclear bunker amounts to rather the same as having no destructible terrain at all. 

And not having destructible terrain is an absolute deal breaker for me...

Yup, this is a good point. The terrain already supports destruction but in many cases it's either extremely tough or specific assets aren't set up with a destroyed state so just won't get removed from the battlefield no matter how much damage you do to them.

This is something I've been actively working on in the current build we're putting together at the moment, because I agree it's kinda lame not to have destructible terrain. In a lot of cases the terrain will just vanish when destroyed in the new build (because we've not properly set up the visual effects of destruction on every single asset) but everything should be destructible again. So just hold tight for that build :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...