Are door and grenade related issues being adressed?

This is related to grenades being very... odd... in their behavior, especially with regards to throwing them through doorways . Doorways also block your field of fire more than should probably be the case, although this has more to do with a lack of proper side cover, where you peek around the corner to shoot. These were major issues for me and prevented me from playing the game for a while, so have they been addressed? And if not, are there plans to do so?

I think Fritz refer to the state of the sighting in the stable beta. The doors tend to be very clunky and angles of fire are not handled very well. For example, if you are on the side of a door and not immediatly in front of it, all your shots can vanish into oblivion, sometime without any popup to explain why (100% obstacle in way for example). There is also hilariously terrifying instances of smoke grenades appearing as C4 packs once throwned. They behave normaly when exploding, but give you a heart attack.

@Fritz1776 The experimental beta, has fixed most of the issues you seem to refer to (those that I have pointed out at least). There is a post here that explain how to change the version of the game you play on.

The stable versions are on the last stable Beta, so you haven’t the refits / reworks / improvements etc. the Real Betatesters have with the newest but unstable versions.

The latest Beta is 13.3, but it’s unstable so not for the second Row of Betatesters to use. In that case you play with 12.x Stable, where auch problems still active.

Edited by Alienkiller

On 9/18/2020 at 6:29 AM, Xeroxth said:

We seriously need a way to roll the grenade when used indoor. That way not only would the the game not needed to caculate throwing arc but it would also prevent hilarious bugs where the grenade just drop on your soldiers feet and explode.

I'm not sure I would call that a bug. It's more a case of "throw like if your life was depending on it" kind of thing. I hope it stimulates the troops in the face of impending doom / endless enslavement.

That lame joke being said, I really like the idea. But how would it affect TU, range and accuracy ? Would it be some kind of firing mode for grenades, akin to those that exist for guns ?

Edited by Comte Pseudonyme

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2020 at 6:49 PM, Fritz1776 said:

This is related to grenades being very... odd... in their behavior, especially with regards to throwing them through doorways . Doorways also block your field of fire more than should probably be the case, although this has more to do with a lack of proper side cover, where you peek around the corner to shoot. These were major issues for me and prevented me from playing the game for a while, so have they been addressed? And if not, are there plans to do so?

Old thread, but I think most of the grenade issues have been addressed (although perhaps not the specific doorway issue). The fixes won't be in the current Stable version, although I think they might be in the current Experimental version. The same might actually be true for the doorways, as I know we definitely made some changes to make doorways less restrictive but I can't remember exactly when that was done and whether they'll be in the build you're playing.

The plan is to release a new Experimental build in the near future and then roll that out onto the Stable as soon as possible, because it's been a really long time since we pushed a build out onto the standard Steam branches. So I think maybe wait for that to arrive and then let us know whether you're still having problems with them or not!

• 2 months later...
On 10/19/2020 at 5:23 PM, Chris said:

Old thread, but I think most of the grenade issues have been addressed (although perhaps not the specific doorway issue). The fixes won't be in the current Stable version, although I think they might be in the current Experimental version. The same might actually be true for the doorways, as I know we definitely made some changes to make doorways less restrictive but I can't remember exactly when that was done and whether they'll be in the build you're playing.

The plan is to release a new Experimental build in the near future and then roll that out onto the Stable as soon as possible, because it's been a really long time since we pushed a build out onto the standard Steam branches. So I think maybe wait for that to arrive and then let us know whether you're still having problems with them or not!

Late reply but I just got back into the game. The doorway issue does seem to be fixed. Grenades can be thrown through them along the same angles of fire that guns can. The issue of shooting around corners is still present though, so tall cover has much larger blind spots than it reasonably should have. I'm picturing my soldier leaning around the corner to fire, thus having a ~90 degree firing arc, with a blind spot directly ahead of him, and to the left or right if the tall cover extends far enough. Hopefully what I'm asking for is clear enough.