August Update

Keflin

20 hours ago, Keflin said:

I saw a short blurb on Steam about the X2 August Update. Since it is now September, I was wondering why my game is still on the June version. Have I missed some announcement regarding the beta?

Kind Regards,

Keflin

Yeah, apologies for the confusion there. The August Update is just a developer news update, rather than a game update. All the code work on the maps has meant we haven't been able to release a build for the last few months but we're getting towards the end of that now and we're looking into when we'll start putting builds out again.

• 1 month later...

Chris,

I appreciate your explanation of the update, but a couple of us see things l like "The September Update" - and I under stand this is not a code release - but it gives a lot of people that impression. My buds sees this and ask me what's new, and all I can say is nothing, I am still on the June build.

So let me ask, when will be see a substantive update? From our perspective, it has been 3 months now.

Kind Regards,

Kef

Edited by Keflin
  • Like 2

It´s a big rework / refit of the Geoscape, Ground Maps, Base Maps and much more. Chris said that he needs about 1 Week for a Terrain-Base-Card which will be finished from others. In that Time he can beginn an other Part. His Team of the Company works on other Job-Sites of the Game at that time. 

Like I said it´s an big rework / refit / upgarde / bugfixing etc. with many Outside help. But this need much time too. And it´s not longer then all Beta-Version before. But with the new Beta Version we will get an new bombastic Testversion.

Edited by Alienkiller

Then you had to finance the Game from beginning on in Kickstarter. All that which have done that Part are all Beta-Testers. For all other Versions which you think is it to early and not stable enough. But it´s very hard to say and a good to very good Game needs time for Development.

Why do you think that UFO2Extraterestials is in an Development since 10 Years and you don´t hear anything about XCOM 3 the last 2,5 to 3 Years. Exactly to stop the Questions about the Public or Testable Versions. Firaxis and the Devs here and from UFO2ET don´t let themself excert pressure and do their own Time Management. It´s done and ready when it´s done.

If the next Beta-Versions (Minimum Beta 14 and 15) are running smoothly, stable, without to many playbugs and such Things the Testers can give an OK for an small Public Version. Not therefore. The Game isn´t ready for it and we Betas have after the big refit / rework etc. to beginn from Zero again.

More can´t be answerd and is for the Moment the only Answer we can give.

Edited by Alienkiller

5 hours ago, Alienkiller said:

Then you had to finance the Game from beginning on in Kickstarter.

I did. I am a backer.

Their seem to be a misanderstanding here.

What we ask (if my understanding is correct), is when a new beta build will be released. On my GOG launcher, last I checked, it was still the 13.2 version. As you (AlienK) said yourself numerous times on this forum, people should not bother with it. Fine. I can understand that : devs have already made a lot progress. Can we take a look at it ? Is there an ETA for Beta 14 ?

Edit : I have heard from other devs that, making playable beta build can be really time consuming. To be clear, I am not trying to infringe on the devloppers methodology or way of doing things. What I personnaly would like is a bit more of transparency and general idea of what is going on. The dev updates help and I always look foreward to them. But the game was backed a long time ago now. A lot has changed since the original plans. When do the devs hope to release the early access ? Is there any new plans for Beta Builds ? The full game ? If they don't know, can they say so and explain why ?

Edited by Comte Pseudonyme
To root out possible confusions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 12:35 AM, Keflin said:

Chris,

I appreciate your explanation of the update, but a couple of us see things l like "The September Update" - and I under stand this is not a code release - but it gives a lot of people that impression. My buds sees this and ask me what's new, and all I can say is nothing, I am still on the June build.

So let me ask, when will be see a substantive update? From our perspective, it has been 3 months now.

Kind Regards,

Kef

Sorry, I've been off the forums a while making all the maps needed to actually put out the new release you're referring to, so this reply is a couple of weeks late. The next Experimental build should be arriving either this week or next week!

• Like 1