Suggestion - Squad review before ground mission

I think it would be a good idea if whenever a transport is deployed to a mission there is a opportunity to review the squad before it is despatched, either automatically or with a pop up (similar to what happens in the new XCOM games). Ideally this would enable a player to quickly check the squad that has been selected and adjust the soldiers selected, their loadouts, position in the dropship etc.

I think this would be very helpful in making sure that a mission is not launched with an incomplete or wrongly equipped squad epically in ironman games where the player can simply reload a saved game if they discover they have sent someone on a mission without the latest weapons available( or any weapons) by mistake.

• Like 2

Yep you are right. In the old X-COM Games you could look after landing, in the new XCOM-Games before Mission Start. Maybe Goldhawk implement that, if not it will be like in Xenonaut 1 where you have to look before the Transport start manually.

I like the System from Xenonauts / Xenonauts 2 too, because you have to use your Brain before a Mission starts. You have so much time to refit your Soldiers before Missions and in Peacetimes. If you forgett it (like myself in 1 Mission since Betatests) the Player have the Problem, because she / he didn´t use the Brain.

That in my eyes is the most important Thing a Strategy-Game have (the Player herself / himself). And therefore I don´t play Ironaman or such, because you have only 1 Savegame and if it break down you have to beginn completely new.

Edited by Alienkiller

• 7 months later...

In the old games, the ship had its own equipment inventory, from which it was possible to adjust the equipment of the soldiers before the battle, depending on the type of missions. In Xenonauts, you can not take an additional box with ammunition, shells, grenades to the ship to complete the task, so as not to overload the inventory of the soldiers.