(13.2) when i engineer a scatter laser for airplane the game will crash

Atish

With that second Bug mentiond in the Armor-Upgrade-Bug the Problems get more complicated to get an Harvester down. The Starting Fighter (X-24 Angel) is new. It´s a combination from the old researchable Foxtrott (from X1) and the good old X-16 Falcon which the founding States have. Your Fighter is a Research & Development-Project from the Alien-Wreck mentioned in the Storyline from X2. I think the Problem for the Gun-Weapon Slot belongs here and is not easy to find.

The only thing I could try is to Research the other Gun-Perk for the X-24 Fighter (ARES-Whatever) as an emergency Plan. But I think that won´t solve our Problems which we get in Month April.

That´s why I suggest we wait for Beta 14, because my Feeling is that the Gun-Perk for the Fighters is something bigger then expected. I think we had a similiar Bug before, but I don´t know on what Beta anymore. But this Time more changes get in the Game and the Starting-Fighter is new (X-24 Angel), which won´t let get fixed with an Hotfix.

Edited by Alienkiller

• 3 months later...

Well, I'm in May now and have been able to build the lasers, so gonna keep on trucking! I'm not sure yet what needs to be done to allow the building of lasers, but I had at least researched aircraft gauss weapons which then also crashed the game on crafting just like the lasers. Atish, do you remember what you had done prior to being able to craft the lasers?

The Lasers and the Alenium Rockets are the first upgrade my Planes get to shoot down Scouts and Drones faster. After the first heavyer UFO´s (upgraded Scouts / Harvesters or such) come up, the Aircrafts get the light Armor-Upgrade.

In Beta 12 it worked without Problems, but in the full Beta 13 there were big Problems coming up with the Planes-Upgrading and some other things. Every Tester get crushed then in the Second or latest Third Month, because you can´t upgrade your Planes with better Armor and Guns. Rockets worked, if I remember correctly.

That you get playtesting into May is good. Hope you could find more than we all together in Beta 13, but you confirmed the same big Bugs and Problems we have too. That´s why we wait for Beta 14 and hope that such big Problems get solved with the refited / reworked / done Geoscape, Base Management etc. what will come in in Beta 14. I´m surprised what else the Devs get in the newest Beta-Version what we don´t know from the monthly Dev Dirays.