[13.2 Geoscape] heavy steel plating art issue on MARS

The Green Colour is normal for the Armor-Upgrades on MARS and other Vehicles, because it´s not yet finalised yet (see Reseach-Description on the Picture).

The other Thing I will check it today evening after I´m home and give more testing. Couldn´t do that today Morning, some Sleep is neccesarry too when you have to go to Work some hours later.

Give the MARS a test in an Ground-Battle. I think it´s similar to the Soldier-Cevlar-Vest / Warden Armor. There the Health don´t raise too, the Soldiers get an seperate Armor-HP (20 for Cevlar, ?? for Warden Armor) what means the Armor will take the first 1 Hit on the Armor and block the most of the Alien-Mag etc.-Weapons before the normal HP´s get reduced. Better Armors reduce 1 or more hits before the same effect comes.

The same would make Sense for the Fighter-Aircrafts.

Edited by Alienkiller

Yes, it would make sense. ATM you can see it only in the Ground-Battles if you open the Inventar Screen (haven´t an Picture).

But Stats will be shown in Research-Texts in the next Beta-Versions. How it looks later in the Base-Equipment-Screen we will see, because there the Devs would like to implement a little bit more for the Safety of your Soldiers, esp. those which can´t get the Cevlar / Warden-Vest at the beginning and in later Game with new Armor-Versions.

Btw. That Upgrade to the MARS with the secondary slot I do too (Accuracy), esp. for the Heavy MG, wich is the Close-Combat-Attack-Vehicle (with Armor). The Scout-Version of the MARS get from me an Gun and Smoke-Generator or Accuracy.

Edited by Alienkiller

I testet it in Combat. The Inventar Screen you can´t open for the MARS. That was a mistake from me. But that dosen´t matter.

Now the Test-Result:

1. MARS with Green colour (Armor): As your Picture show the MARS is getting 30 Armor-Protection, which means that every shot from the enemys hit the Armor first. Until the Armor is broken the MARS will take Damage, like a Human without the Cevlar Armor / Warden Vest.

2. MARS without Green Colour (without Armor): That MARS-Vehicle is like a Human without Armor. The Hits get to the HP directly.

Finaly your Question is answerd. The only thing the Devs and their other Development-Helpers (Coders, Mapmakers etc.) have to do is to finalise the Upgrade- and Armor-Things for Vehicles etc.