Sometimes, I think I'd like multiple bases better if they had different archetypes.

Yep I had many attacks on then. It´s an Air-Battle where an UFO tries to fight the Outpost. Your Squadron (1 to 3 Fighters) and 3 Fighters of the Founder State try to shoot the UFO-Down to save the Outpost. In the Versions I had this attacks it was hard to win, but manageable.

If you loose, you loose the Outpost completely incl. all Bonuses you get.

1 hour ago, Alienkiller said:

Yep I had many attacks on then.

How did you get them? I started my last few games building the maximum number of offices from the first days, and did not notice any attacks on them. Although the cover of the planet with fighters appeared to me only a few months later. 

Maybe it was in later versions and then it was turned off? Such as Jetpacks and Shock Grenades?

Could be for an Improvement (the Airbattle or so). In the Version it comes in until V.15.End I had it. Maybe the Devs deactivated it for V. 16.full and V.17.full to make the Changes in the Airbattle at rest and had only the Standard-Airbattle active.

Edited by Alienkiller