[V13.1] Several issues in the Geoscape

Emily_F

Quite a few little bugs to report in the geoscape/various screens:

1. I have researched aircraft laser weapons and alloy armour, but neither are available as options in the Aircraft screen
  2. I built an Ames Scout and it doesn't appear in the equipment menu, but does appear as an item in stores.
  3. The Ames costs £200k to build but you can only flog it for £10k. 
  4. The ability to make laser rifles and shotguns randomly disappears and appears again later. 
  5. You can only fire the MARS weapon with snap shot if you give it any armour, which is daft. 
  6. The initial load-outs are really weird; you NEVER need more than one reload of ammo for instance - can you change them please? (It's been bugging me for ages but I keep forgetting to mention it)
  7. Are the training and medical systems still inactive?  They don't seem to do anything still.
  8. At the end of missions, soldiers who haven't done much get several increases in stats, but some with like 3 kills get hardly anything.  

user-13.json

output.log

content_manager.state

recording_9.rec

Thanks. We've fixed a few bugs as a result of this - the MARS sell value, the MARS rocket launcher using absolute fire costs rather than % TU fire costs, and the aircraft items not unlocking correctly.

One thing I'd like a bit more info on if possible is 4) about the disappearing laser rifles and shotguns. If you have any more info on when that occurs that'd be great. If not then it's not a big problem - I'm sure I'll encouter it when I start doing my balancing playthroughs, but it'd be good to have some idea where to look.

I think it may be related to having some sort of alien weapon in my stores but I'm not certain about it because I think it happens when I've sold everything, and works again when I have returned from a combat mission. I think it could be related to plasma weapons but I'm not going to swear to that

Edited by Emily_F
I Englished bad

1 hour ago, Emily_F said:

I think it may be related to having some sort of alien weapon in my stores but I'm not certain about it because I think it happens when I've sold everything, and works again when I have returned from a combat mission. I think it could be related to plasma weapons but I'm not going to swear to that

Thanks. Did you unlock the research / engineering project that allows the unlocking of Laser Weapons V2 by any chance? Because the upgrade process basically deletes all the old laser weapons and their projects and then recreates new ones that give you the upgraded weapons instead, so maybe that's part of the issue?

13 hours ago, Chris said:

Thanks. Did you unlock the research / engineering project that allows the unlocking of Laser Weapons V2 by any chance? Because the upgrade process basically deletes all the old laser weapons and their projects and then recreates new ones that give you the upgraded weapons instead, so maybe that's part of the issue?

I unlocked "Advanced Laser Weapons" which gave me the required upgrade to complete in Engineering. Then it does update all the weapons as expected.  And I can make them fine until they disappear (and it is specifically the Laser Shotguns and Rifles that go walkabout). If it is any help, they do announce their return on the geoscape with a pop up saying they are now available for building. And I'm sure it happens when I come back from a mission (so, for example, there will be a popup about some tech being available for research which sometimes I've already finished researching, then the next one will be about what I can now build in engineering e.g. the rifles and shotguns)

5 hours ago, Emily_F said:

I unlocked "Advanced Laser Weapons" which gave me the required upgrade to complete in Engineering. Then it does update all the weapons as expected.  And I can make them fine until they disappear (and it is specifically the Laser Shotguns and Rifles that go walkabout). If it is any help, they do announce their return on the geoscape with a pop up saying they are now available for building. And I'm sure it happens when I come back from a mission (so, for example, there will be a popup about some tech being available for research which sometimes I've already finished researching, then the next one will be about what I can now build in engineering e.g. the rifles and shotguns)

Perfect, thanks. I'll take a look at that and see if I can figure out what's going on.