[V13.1] CTD at the end of combat mission

Emily_F

What Mission?

UFO Type 1, 2, 3 / Base Defense / Base Attack, Defend an Radar Antenna, there are so much.

I ask because than we others will look on that much more extensive. 

Second Question to that. Have you to replay the last Combat-Save or get you after Reloading on Geoscape?

If it’s the first then there is a Problem which I had in the Main-Version. 

If it’s the Second and you get the Reward you are lucky and can test on.

Edited by Alienkiller

I don't normally do a full write up any more unless there is something particularly unusual as the problem is generally easily seen by the devs in the save and logs. 

In this case it's a crashed scout ship, psyons, desert environment. Yes, I've tried it twice with the same result (hence I described it as "repeatable CTD"). These types of crash are usually do with misallocating some resource at the end of the mission, so when you hit one, that's the end of your game :(

19 minutes ago, Alienkiller said:

The Game can be started with Cheats and you can use them in emergency like that. An installation Instruction is on Steam in the Community-Part. 

Nah, still crashes to desktop when I use the cheat mode too :mad:

Then the Problem is like I thought and the same like my Report. Must be somthing bigger then expected.

Yep from the first UFO on after leaving the Transport-Plane or Shoot. Only if your Men are in the Transport-Plane and you do the Cheat to win the Mission before movement, you will get Mission complete and return to Geoscape. The first Saves are with the Cheated fight without moving and the third file is where to storm UFO normaly.

auto_strategy_before_combat-3.json

auto_strategy_after_combat-4.json

user-3.json

20200618224728_1.jpg

20200618224609_1.jpg

20200618224724_1.jpg

20200618224753_1.jpg

Edited by Alienkiller

FYI I have palyed 2 probe and one Scout ground combat no CTD yet. I am still on Windows 8.1, could it be a newer OS? Rveryone in my family got new computers recently and had to turn off some oprimizing feature that tries to give you "better" graphics resolution or some such. IT crashed most of their games until turned off.

Drenor608 it´s not an Win 10 Problem. If it´s one we coldn´t test since the first Beta. The Problem is something other in the Game Code. I could play a full Mission normal with only soldiers (the orange ones). There I could end the Mission normaly incl. Infiltrate the UFO.

In the second one were an blue Ceasan (Technican or so), there you can´t win. There I and the others get the CTD. There works only stay in Transport, Cheat with the Win Mission and you get back to Geoscape.

Edited by Alienkiller

If it's based on the blue psyons specifically I've probably screwed up the loadout or the corpse items dropped by that unit - but the logs suggest it's actually linked to the map (could be a false positive).

But we'll look into it - hopefully that in-mission save will help us track it down if not. Thanks.

Chris if it´s the Map then we should all wait for Beta 14 with overworked UFO´s and Maps.

But it´s strange that the same Map funktioning with only normal Soldiers and the Probe is functioning. After a Technican is on Bord and you make the same Map as well as same UFO an CTD comes.

Edited by Alienkiller