[V13.0] Aeriel Terror site

Atish

Right after the first battle i found an "ariel terror site" never found one before, could be a new thing.

The problem is ,is to far away, and i have only 6 hours to arrive there.

After the time is up, the game crashes.

aerial terror site.png

• Atish changed the title to [V13.0] Aeriel Terror site
9 hours ago, Rusknight said:

The crash is a bug
6 hours - is a design I guess. You shouldnt set uplinks far from your base or you will fail to defend them

Soo, i can counter them with uplinks?
I thought i have to send there my fighters to shoot it down.

3 hours ago, Atish said:

Soo, i can counter them with uplinks?
I thought i have to send there my fighters to shoot it down.

Nope. I meant you should not build comand centers far from your base cause you have to defend them now:

"Aerial Terror Missions: the basic form of the "aerial terror site" mission is in place now. The aliens will periodically attack your Geoscape command centers, forcing you to defend them if they are not to be permanently destroyed - but in these missions you'll have a squadron of friendly AI interceptors (their level affected by proliferation) backing you up. Again this mission hasn't properly been balanced so it may be way too easy or way too hard right now, but the important thing right now is that it's there and working. For the next update I might make this mission more organic, too - i.e. maybe normal ground attack UFOs will have a detection radius and will move to attack any command centers that they encounter, which I think would be a powerful disincentive to expand beyond the area you can protect with your aircraft."

2 hours ago, Rusknight said:

Nope. I meant you should not build comand centers far from your base cause you have to defend them now:

"Aerial Terror Missions: the basic form of the "aerial terror site" mission is in place now. The aliens will periodically attack your Geoscape command centers, forcing you to defend them if they are not to be permanently destroyed - but in these missions you'll have a squadron of friendly AI interceptors (their level affected by proliferation) backing you up. Again this mission hasn't properly been balanced so it may be way too easy or way too hard right now, but the important thing right now is that it's there and working. For the next update I might make this mission more organic, too - i.e. maybe normal ground attack UFOs will have a detection radius and will move to attack any command centers that they encounter, which I think would be a powerful disincentive to expand beyond the area you can protect with your aircraft."

Thank you! That makes some sense!

Closed Beta, Version 13, 11 June 2020.

Yes, same here.  After the initial shot down ufo, I had just enough time to get back to base (and start fixing my interceptors) before an Aerial Terror Mission popped up, with 5 hrs mentioned to get there.  My base is in North Africa and I sent out feelers to get 2 of the African and one of the Southern European uplinks going, but none of them had actually been completed yet, we were still several days away on each.

As my two fighters started heading toward that first Aerial Terror Mission (location @ Southern Europe) 2 more Aerial Terror missions popped up, one right after the other.  The 2nd Aerial Terror Mission was in Western Africa, with 6 hrs listed and quicker to get to, so I diverted my aircraft to respond to this one.  The 3rd mission was down in between Central Africa / South Africa and also listed at 6 hrs.

It didn't feel like even 5 hrs had passed and the game had a total conniption and complete Crash To Desktop.  I've been staying away from the game for about 1/2 year maybe but I do like to drop in from time to time to see how it's progressing.  This is a rather disappointing bug b/c it hits so soon after the game gets off the ground.

It‘s the first big Refit-Version from an tested Beta-Stage (V. 8 to V.12). An similar and much smaller Refit we had from (V.4 to V.7 or such) with the BaseConcept / old ground fight Concept.

That’s why we are Beta-Testers to find such Problems and reporting them to the Devs to get an 90% + playable Game. 

Some Big Companies instead use the normal Gamer as Beta / Early Access-Testers.