Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Xenonauts 2: Aircraft & Air Combat

There are currently three types of missiles in the game: simple, allenum, and fusion. There are only 2 types of cannons: ordinary and accelerated. Apparently there should be additional laser and plasma. The MAG weapon, in my opinion, should be removed from the game. That is, another intermediate type of missile between Allenium and Fusion is missing.
I see it something like this:
Ordinary Cannons: Range 3
Ordinary missiles: Range 4
Ordinary Torpedoes: Range 6

Accelerated cannons: Range 3.5
Allenium Missiles: Range 4.5
Allenium Torpedoes: Range 6.5

Laser canons: Range 4
Improved Allenium Missiles: 5
Improved Allenium Torpedoes: 7

Plasma canons: Range 4.5
Fusion Missiles: Range 5.5
Fusion Torpedoes: Range 7.5

Lock time for missiles should be reduced to 1 second or less.

It is desirable to reduce the damage of all missiles and torpedoes by 2-3 times and increasing the capacity.

Nope the Mag Cannon is a must have.

If you remove that, you have to remove the Accelerated Weapons and other Advanced-Variants too. Do you want that to be the old stuff only? Nope surely not.

17 minutes ago, Alienkiller said:

If you remove that, you have to remove the Accelerated Weapons

There is no point in making so many weapons. I haven't started making the accelerated type yet, and lasers are already available to me. I just researched the GAUS weapon and I already have access to an improvement for lasers. In the presence of improved lasers, Gauss is unnecessary. It will be needed only if the different types of aliens will have very different protection from thermal and kinetic weapons. In addition, there is no improvement in GAUS weapons for MARS, so I do not take this type into account for fighter weapons.

There will be differences, they aren’t fully implemented yet in whatever. Or they are shut down for us Testers for several internal Reasons (CTD etc.) and come later.

Gauss is a must have and if the Devs wanna bring the full feelings to the X-Com Veterans then such a thinking comes from one which isn’t firm in the classic Predecessors.

Speaking of classics, missiles were rarely used there, and they are almost useless here. We follow the original. :D

Exactly MrAlex. The Devs wanna be with all useable integrations from the direct Rivals and better Integrations (like the Modular-System for Soldiers, Planes as well as Groundvehicles) resurect the Orignal Games with the best Things from the direct and older Rivals:

a) UFO ET were the first try from Chaos Concept. It was good, but not good enough in some Points. In the Fighter Refit it´s like here but with your Idea with xx-Rockets per fighter.

b) The new XCOM-Series is from Ground-, Geoscape, Storyline as well as R & D very good. But with the Airbattle :mad:. That´s why XCOM 2 and his smaller DLC´s / XCOM 2 WotC haven´t anyone.

c) The latest Rival from Xenonauts 2 [Phoenix Point form the Orignal-Devs from X-Com EU / Apocalypse and evtl. Interceptor] have very good Ideas for Ground-, Geoscape, Storyline as well as R & D too. In the next big DLC 3 there will be Airbattle integrated. Maybe we can have an Idea of it for here.

d) Last but not least the Predecessor Xenonauts 1 with his Advantages and Weankesses. 

But back to Topic:

I remember the first Betas where we had much more Mudular-Systems for the Fighters.

And an simliar Shield / Armor-System like the MARS and Soldier-Armors have for the UFO´s as well as Fighters / Transports were making the Fighters / Transports more interessting too. That´s why I say, we need everything we have as well as get from R & D.

The cool thing would be that the Fighters will have mixed Guns later, because you can´t build enough Laser- / Advanced Laser Cannons / Plasma Cannons about to high costs etc. and can upgrade the Accelerated Guns to Gauss-Cannons therefore.

The best Thing in old X-Com (EU / TftD / Interceptor / Apocalypse) as well as in UFO ET were that you had differnt equiped Fighters [Vehicles in Apocalypse]. I do that too with my X-25 Fighters and all new ones. 2 have Sidewinders, 2 have torpedos. If that were possible with the Guns later (Laser- / Plasma- / Accelerated- / Gauss), Electronics were cool too.

An other cool upgrade above all Rivals and the Predecessor would be that we could Refit the older Fighters to a new Version, like X-25 to an similar Fighter-/Bomber of the next Generation.

Edited by Alienkiller

First of all, we need reduced damage from missiles / torpedoes, + increasing their capacity, as in the original game. In order for the UFO not to fall all as one from the first shot at the beginning of the game. It also requires a reduction in targeting time and increased range and speed for missiles. As well as correcting evasion for small UFOs to make missiles relevant.