Will X2 feature region-specific battle maps?

If we're fighting in the Middle East, for instance, will ground battle maps feature deserts and the appropriate vegetation, architecture, etc?

Will fighting in the Arctic feature snow?

Will there be maps that feature tropical vegetation or even forests?

Just curious to know how in-depth the maps will be compared to X1, where you could be fighting in Saudi Arabia and the map would look like a Midwestern farmland lol

That's not how X1 worked at all. There were region-specific maps, especially the Middle East. Arctic maps, desert maps, forest maps, farmland maps, city maps and small town maps as well as middle eastern village maps and possibly others I can't recall.

Yeah it is already geoscape-specific. In X1 though they lack some tilesets like jungles/swamps and tundra that have to be reinforced by mods, and i can't remember if they add mountain tilesets like Apes or Himalayas. I don't know if the devs would include such biomes in X2, it would be harder for modders to edit new maps and biomes in Unity. I'm a jungle war fan myself as influenced by Borneo and Vietnam wars so I hope they would add such biomes. 

Edited by EurekaSeven

If there's one biome I want to be done correctly it would be the swamp. I remember in the previous game I went out of my way to NOT install the swamp and jungle tileset because it was so ugly and the damn trees blocked so much vision of my own soldiers.