Maps

Just a newbie here, I bought the original Xenonauts and did enjoy it and just wanted to ask: - 

Does Xenonauts 2 have static maps, procedural maps or semi random maps - if I remember right the last game had static maps but there were also some that were semi randomised by random submaps? What are the plans for the map generation in the sequel?

Also will there be more variety in aliens this time around?

Sorry if these points have probably been asked before by someone else I was just wondering what the case was this as I am probably looking to pick this up when it hits Steam Early Access. 

Cheers

Rick

All the maps I've seen are static, but based on comments Chris has made in the past, the underlying structure is intended to be semi-random submaps. As I understand it, Goldhawk's map creation tool uses licenced properties so they can't release it for general consumption so I can't say more than that. 

As far as alien varieties go, do you mean more alien types, or more alien sub-types within the types we've seen? 

Ok I get that about the maps, will there be a map editor released when this goes on sale the same as Xenonauts 1 for people who wish to mod or add maps of their own or is that not possible if this map editor cant be released for general consumption? Will it be different in that regard to Xeno 1 then?

About the aliens I just mean will it be essentially the same lot as last time - Sebellians / Androns etc or will there be a more diverse range?

This game looks cool but looks more evolution than revolution, which is fine.

Last question will there be modding capabilities? I saw the last streth goal they had on the kickstarter page was at 200k or somethng but they hit 190k aroundabouts?

Hope this releases soon anyway the first game was good.