Andron art style

Just wondering since I haven't seen an andron for a while, but is the andron in the image I attached still the andron image in-game? I remember a while back the androns were very tall and thin-looking, which for some reason I just hated a lot. This andron looks a lot more reasonable and I was just wondering if the final andron will look like this.ss_02677ba0f768625e172fcce81ed35129c2a6616c.1920x1080.thumb.jpg.7bd11ec36ea75b4c5ad1a3bd59cf969b.jpg

On 3/27/2020 at 12:06 AM, Comrade said:

Just wondering since I haven't seen an andron for a while, but is the andron in the image I attached still the andron image in-game? I remember a while back the androns were very tall and thin-looking, which for some reason I just hated a lot. This andron looks a lot more reasonable and I was just wondering if the final andron will look like this.

Ironically enough that's exactly the same model as it's always been - if anything the Androns are smaller than they used to be, because that's quite an old screenshot :)

Likely what's different in that screenshot is the sense of scale. In X2 tiles are 3m tall instead of 2.2m like they were in X1, so walls are significantly taller than before and the scale can look off as a result. The walls and props in that screenshot are more like the X1 scale relative to the Andron, so it looks more "normal" height. Unfortunately the Xenonauts themselves look like children because the props are too big. Anyway, it's something we're looking into.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Unfortunately the Xenonauts themselves look like children because the props are too big. 

Ah no wonder they look so wonky now. It’s good to see a confirmation on that.

Yeah and I kinda support @Ruggerman suggestion, maybe explain the explosion being the andron’s plasma reactor rupturing. I also think they should use heavy weapons exclusively with a melee sidearm to discourage players just running in and destroy them with carbines.