How do I equip soldiers not in the skyhawk?

Hi folks,

It has been a truly long time since I have played, and find myself stumped that I can't for some reason
I can't equip my soldiers outside of my transport. Sorry if this has been answered and asked, but I ask
for leniency in asking :)  Also, how do I get my kickstarter me soldier into my game?

Just starting a new runthrough, I have to say team, the game is looking shmexy indeed! Can't wait for
the full release, well I can, I have been doing so for a few years now, but just looking forward to a full
brand spanking new game. All hail my mini-me as he saves the Earth!

16 hours ago, Ozenglish said:

Hi folks,

It has been a truly long time since I have played, and find myself stumped that I can't for some reason
I can't equip my soldiers outside of my transport. Sorry if this has been answered and asked, but I ask
for leniency in asking :)  Also, how do I get my kickstarter me soldier into my game?

Just starting a new runthrough, I have to say team, the game is looking shmexy indeed! Can't wait for
the full release, well I can, I have been doing so for a few years now, but just looking forward to a full
brand spanking new game. All hail my mini-me as he saves the Earth!

Welcome! To get your soldier in the game you go to the Settings screen and type your soldier name into the custom soldier search box at the bottom. The soldier should then spawn in your starting squad every time you start a new campaign.

As for not being able to equip your unassigned soldiers, that's actually by design right now. However I'm not sure if it's the correct decision and it's something I've been meaning to discuss with the community for a while, so here's the discussion thread so you can let us know what system you'd prefer: https://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21015-community-discussion-how-best-to-handle-equipping-soldiers-not-in-dropships/