[V12.1 General] Performance hit

npc85354

Description: Inferior human computer has bad performance.

Further information:

Loading a new game or a new ground combat mission feels like taking (approx 30-50%) more time since V11.3.

Fast forwarding at max speed on Geoscape decreases FPS < 1. Tested with a new and relative empty game (just two ufo encouters - both already cleared up).

Ryzen 3600 & loading from SSD.

I guess that the developers are aware and the performance hit is due to newly added code/stuff but I felt to at least mention it.

Have a nice day!

47 minutes ago, npc85354 said:

Description: Inferior human computer has bad performance.

Further information:

Loading a new game or a new ground combat mission feels like taking (approx 30-50%) more time since V11.3.

Fast forwarding at max speed on Geoscape decreases FPS < 1. Tested with a new and relative empty game (just two ufo encouters - both already cleared up).

Ryzen 3600 & loading from SSD.

I guess that the developers are aware and the performance hit is due to newly added code/stuff but I felt to at least mention it.

Have a nice day!

Thanks. No, we weren't aware of a particularly major performance drop actually - it's probably the addition of the cities on the strategy layer, but we did a fair bit of work to ensure it didn't hit performance too hard. I guess we need to take another look at it!