[V8.0 Air Combat] The alien ship escapes and ship fire range

Dont know why. I played the v8.0 last days and this happend only once in the hole period of time. But today i started new game on easy and atleast 20 times in a row the alien ship escapes from the radar screen. When the fight begins the alien ship is flying away in the left and avoiding the battle. And they are faster then my f-17 and i never catch them.after that, ufo icon remains on the screen. If i try to intercept again (the same ship) same thing happens.

The f-17 fire before the alien ship is in range.

Edited by HomeBoy

Odd. The Scouts don't usually run unless they're outnumbered 3-1, or heavily damaged (60% or so). Don't really have trouble catching them though, unless you aren't prepared to lose a few fighters.

The icon staying on screen after the UFO escapes is a known bug.

As for #2, are you sure?

The firing arcs only represent cannons. There isn't any arc for missile fire, but it is roughly about the same as the Scout UFO's beam-cannon's range.

So if they're firing missiles before the arc is over the UFO, that's ok. If they're firing the autocannon, that's a bug.