[V11.3 Geoscape] Intercepting an invisible UFO w/o radar

Description: Managed to send interceptors to chase a UFO I didn't know existed and was far outside my radar range in the Soviet Union.

What Happened: I had just finished an alien raid mission waited for the month to end. Then I felt that I wanted to run some more comms tower missions to get a few more scientists, so I click one. Then I get the option to select either the comm tower (staging) or a UFO. So just for the heck of it I select the UFO and press the option to launch interceptiors. Then I see the red line tracking the UFO's position and I also notice it produced a Radar Anomaly in that area.

Further information: I'm afraid I do not know how to reproduce this exactly. But perhaps the logs and save will prove useful. Considering the UFO's are actually there even when they aren't "detected" by the player, this should hopefully prove easy to solve with the saves. It seems to only work when they're close to something that causes the menu to pop up asking you which target you want to select. Two saves are included.

The first save is before I sent the interceptors and I tested it just now. If you load up the save and click the comms tower in the center north of the Soviet Union as fast as possible it will ask you to select either the Strategic Operation or UFO-8, you can then launch the interceptors.

The second save is the save I created after I had sent the interceptors after UFO-8.

Good luck!

20200308151058_1.thumb.jpg.1c3211da08b84fd3390156b479b094a7.jpg

This picture was taken after waiting a while so it could be seen very clearly, but the comms tower to the left of the invisible UFO is the one I clicked.

output.log

user-8.json

user-7.json

Edited by DaReaperZ
Added a screenshot

21 hours ago, DaReaperZ said:

...It seems that the multi-select menu doesn't respect the privacy of undetected UFOs! :)

That's what's happening if you ignore the cookie disclaimer or forgot to properly Opt-Out :D

Had a similar bug just now where a crisis popped up in the ocean. Was also by accident selecting it and got the option to track the ufo down.
There is also a missing location name variable missing in the message console. I guess here are a couple of bugs visible.

some-glitches.png

Edited by npc85354

Yup, the aliens probably just clicked accept on everything ^^

Yeah I've seen the name being that way, seeing as it's very common it's probably known, it looks like the picture could show this bug, the UFO is very far away I'm guessing? Considering the heading of that Falcon :)

I should add a picture too, don't know why I didn't think of that.

Edited by DaReaperZ

Yeah, seems like the multi-select doesn't filter UFOs based on whether they're detected or not. Thanks. We'll get that fixed up, although it's not a massively high priority bug.

Also, yeah, the event text in the log isn't fully completed yet. We've got a task to finish it off but it's something we'll get done in the medium term.

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Yeah, seems like the multi-select doesn't filter UFOs based on whether they're detected or not. Thanks. We'll get that fixed up, although it's not a massively high priority bug.

Also, yeah, the event text in the log isn't fully completed yet. We've got a task to finish it off but it's something we'll get done in the medium term.

thanks for the update. Yeah, nothing important : )