Sign in to follow this  
Ichthyic

selection sound

I almost forgot...

I have scanned youtube of people playing this beta and the comments, and the singular, most often repeated comment is:

"Please replace the sound effect used for selection.  That high pitched clicking noise is extremely irritating."

so... yeah, there's that.

On 3/7/2020 at 2:36 AM, Ichthyic said:

I almost forgot...

I have scanned youtube of people playing this beta and the comments, and the singular, most often repeated comment is:

"Please replace the sound effect used for selection.  That high pitched clicking noise is extremely irritating."

so... yeah, there's that.

Is this the specific "click" noise that happens when you click the mouse over an interactive element?

Most definitely, if a sound could assault your ears, it would definitly be the selection and click sounds.

On 3/14/2020 at 4:08 AM, Comrade said:

Most definitely, if a sound could assault your ears, it would definitly be the selection and click sounds.

Selection AND click sound? To be clear, are you referring to one sound here or two different ones?

I'm completely used to that sound now and it doesn't bother me, but I'm happy to look into getting it changed if it bothers a lot of people.

It's both, both sounds are very high pitched and it grates our ears. It reminds me of selecting something on a phone with the weird sound and vibration. Either way it's only a minor complaint and like you said you get used to it after a while.

Change it if you want, but of course its a very very minor change.