Enemy Balance

I know I may have posted this before, but just how final are the "new" enemies in the game?

I'm primarily talking about the tall bois that explode (False Androns) the Eye-ball wallpenetrator thingies (Laser Eye), and the new Reaper

Firstly, I hate the shit out of the fact that the false androns walk through their own ship's walls to shoot you. Secondly, their sheer size is very immersion breaking and it honestly ruins my sense of immersion when I see a 10m thin-legged robot casually strolling torwards me. Additionally, the blast radius on their attacks and the blast radius of their deaths need to be toned down, a LOT. I don't want to fight walking nukes in the final game.

Secondly, the laser eyes. While I have only seen 1 during an alien base assault mission, it already seemed very out of place. Not only was it blinding white and very smooth (In direct contrast to the very industrial angular red and black drones) it also apparently shoots through walls? I couldn't exactly tell, but it seemed like it could hit soldiers standing behind full cover for around 30 points of free damage. The laser eyes also bring up another question, which is whether or not the aliens will remain primarily organic. I liked the fact that every alien you killed besides some supporting drones was a living creature. It just doesnt feel as satifying to end an andron than say, a Ceasian simply because the Andron will not scream in pain or bleed all over the floor. I hope that most aliens will remain organic and not robotic to keep this trend going.

Lastly, whats up with the reapers? Why do they come back from the dead? Why do they suddenly wipe out entire cities on the 3rd turn? What happend? I like the fact that they don't 1 tap soldiers anymore and instead have to actually kill your dudes before they get infected (best change so far), but why do they not die now?

TLDR: Don't like some of the new enemies very much, sorry for the rant.

The Reapers come back from the dead? That's definitely a bug. The only case that should happen is if you kill a zombie, which then hatches a Reaper. It's possible that maybe this is incorectly being applied to all Reapers?

The other stuff isn't necessarily final, no. Although I'm not sure I see any inherent problem in the Androns being large :)

I have no problem with large Androns. Although I would think an alien that can cross intergalactic space to reach us would be able to program a robot to use a door... and remember to put big enough doors on the ship it's traveling on.

Edited by Challenge

Although I'm not sure I see any inherent problem in the Androns being large

Perhaps my main issue isn't how large the andron is. Perhaps it's on how silly it looks. Right now it looks very spindly and unstable (not sure how else to describe it). Perhaps if it looked more like a walker mech that was bulkier and shorter, it would fit the rest of the art style better

Edited by Comrade