Kickstarter Survey!

Just had the email asking for a photo for my soldier portrait etc., and the survey to go with it. With regard to the survey, how much fun can we have with it? For example could I list my soldiers' previous unit as X-COM, combat experience as Cydonia? Or should we try to remain faithful to history and the theme of the game? :)

So far Goldhawk has been quite intent on keeping the theme, and since your soldier can spawn on anyone's game I think it's safe to assume you have to be fairly realistic. :P

I put down the name the unit changed into in '81 and hope they don't notice. It's just so much better than the old one. :P

Yeh, it has to be a real regiment although you can be a bit loose with timing if you want.

Also I think your Xenonaut alter-ego is going to have more than enough problems without having to be constrained by any medical issues that the real you suffers from, Hosser - choose whatever regiment you like! :)

I think your Xenonaut alter-ego is going to have more than enough problems without having to be constrained by any medical issues that the real you suffers from, Hosser - choose whatever regiment you like! :)

Haha, you have a point there. Just went with SAS in the end, at least that way my dude will die a certified badass when he gets chewed up by plasma fire. :D

I see. Curiouser and curiouser. out of interest has anyone else been able to choose their soldier portrait yet, or are you all just filling in the form and leaving that bit blank? Seems a bit weird if that's what we are supposed to do as on the form it says:

"Soldier - Which portrait would you like your soldier to use? (please choose a portrait from the pack under the FAQ)"

On a different note, I'm soooo tempted to insert one of my old favourite 'Rebelstar' character names rather than my own. Anyone remember Nelson Smith, Jim Digritz (sic) and of course Capt. Krenon? Assuming many people remembers Rebelstar these days...

Don't recall Jodrell... what system did you play on? I was Amstrad CPC. Or was he one of the reinforcements?

AND - Got the portraits now, thanks ever so much Gorlom!

Wow, there's actually one that looks quite like a hell of a lot like me. the one with dark receding hair, eyes like a dead rabbit... an utter shattered shell of a man. Bingo.

Edited by Mustang Shooting Stars

Don't recall Jodrell... what system did you play on? I was Amstrad CPC. Or was he one of the reinforcements?

I would have been playing it on the Spectrum Bouncy Keys I guess. I can't remember where he appeared in it, only that the name has stuck with me along with Joe Capricorn and Darwin Jones.

an utter shattered shell of a man. Bingo.

which one was that? sounds familiar. It would be funny if ever Xenonuats fan looked like shattered shells of people, so you'd have the same male & female portrait used throughout :)

Crap, just realised that I could've made a Dune reference (since I wasn't allowed to have "Rainbow" as my former unit! haha) by listing my former regiment as the 1st "Fedaykin" Commandos, as a wink-wink-nudge-nudge reference for anyone who's read the books.

Instead I just went for the crappy real Australian SAS :P Ah well, they're good too! (...I take it there's no way to edit the survey at this point? I'm kind of torn now, now that I reread Chris' message to me saying that it just needs to look legit...)

That shouldn't be a problem though? there's only 85 backers at the $150 tier and that's the only tier that the zip is relevant for.
It wouldn't. But this is the internet. And when the creator of a kickstarter and game puts down a link for basically whatever, every fan/pledger who sees that is going to click it. I mean, I did. And I pledged $200! I just wanted to see all the faces! :P
FSK - Forsvarets spesial kommando =)) <---- Norwegian

But it's a bit too recent imo. The game starts out in mid '79. At the time HJK-FSK was called HJSK (Hærens Jegerskole) It was changed to HJK in '81, and I think that's close enough so that's what I put down. :P

Edited by IceVamp