[v11.2 - General] Sticky popup text

Max_Caine

Textboxes from popup text occasionally become "sticky". That is to say when you move the mouse ponter off the box they appear from, they stick to the mouse pointer and follow it around the screen. The only solution to fixing it is to return the mouse pointer to the item they popped-up on and let it rest for a few seconds before moving the mouse off.I've noticed this from version to version but never cared to find out why. I think I have found out.

If you move a mouse onto a popup box area (such as the geoscape box in strategy, or the end turn box in ground combat), let it rest breifly then move the mouse away before popup text appears, the popup text will still appear and become stuck to the mouse. This is by no means a foolproof method - it takes a little practice to get a sense of the timing (not too much to have he box popup on the area it pops up on, but not enough to have no box appear) however it is reproducable and does not need to be frame-perfect to reproduce. It is in fact most likely to happen when you don't realise it as the pointer moves briefly over a box (such as the last turn box) or transitions from one screen to another (such as moving from the soldiers screen to the geoscape). The stickyness is a special kind of annoying. It's very much like gluing your fingers to a dowel instead of the furniture you have unpacked around you. You want to shake the pointer free of the text, especially when it's a large textbox and covers up parts of the game area.