Xenonauts-2 Closed Beta Build V11.2 Hotfix Released! (Experimental Branch)

This is a small hotfix for the Beta Build V11 that we released on the Experimental Branch on Friday.

Changelog:

• Crash fix - the game should no longer crash if you kill an enemy with a grenade.
  • Crash fix - the game should no longer crash if you assign all your unassigned soldiers to dropships.
  • Selling items at the base should now work properly.
  • The topbar counter for Alenium should no longer read "Alloys".
  • Kickstarter soldiers have been temporarily disabled from spawning in the hire pool because of their invisible faces (we'll look into getting them working properly for V12.)

Gameplay Updates:

• MARS can no longer be mind controlled or panicked via psionics.
  • The available weapons element on the Soldier Equip screen no longer snaps back to the top every time you assign or unassign any weapons / ammo.
  • Combat Shield is now available in unlimited quantities once the engineering project is completed.
  • C4 can no longer be equipped in the Primary slot, preventing a bug where the detonator would spawn over other items in the secondary slot.
  • A destroyed MARS now drops an item called "MARS Wreckage" which can be sold for $25k, and in future will allow you to rebuild the vehicle at half price. This wreckage is only recovered if you win the mission (or if the MARS is destroyed inside the dropship).

Please continue to report any bugs you encounter in V11 on our dedicated bug report forums, and please give any thoughts on the game balance in this thread. We'll most likely release another hotfix later in the week too, as we've either seen or heard reports of other issues in the game that will need fixing!

On 2/15/2020 at 1:03 PM, Coffee Potato said:

Any word on the bug where you can't assign any signal tower units after the first sets go out? 

There's no bug that I'm aware of. Each uplink costs 250k and if you can't afford it you can't start the mission, which covers all the situations I know about.

1 hour ago, Solver said:

Sad :(

On 2/14/2020 at 1:48 PM, Chris said:

This is a small hotfix for the Beta Build V11 that we released on the Experimental Branch on Friday.

Gameplay Updates:

• Combat Shield is now available in unlimited quantities once the engineering project is completed.

Nope that´s good like the Warheads, Lasergun as well as upgraded Armor for the Fighter-Aircrafts.

Edited by Alienkiller

Modular Things are at the Beginning from now on. Armor is the first thing (for Soldiers) and there will come much more.

Weapons I have read too in Kickstarter. Then they will bring in something for the Weapons too. I think the R & D for the Normal Guns with the Alien Magnetics is only the first step. I hope too that will come more like that.

Edited by Alienkiller

On 2/19/2020 at 7:23 PM, pedro said:

I was wandering, what about the modular weapons that were voted on Kickstarter?

will it still be implemented?

Modular weapons probably won't require much more work to implment now because they use a lot of the same code as modular armour. Problem is, I'm not sure weapons benefit anywhere near as much from being modular than armour does (and the UI interaction is going to be a lot more clunky). We'll have another think once we're in Early Access and see if there's a way we can implement it without things getting ridiculously complex.

On 2/22/2020 at 9:04 AM, Shoobe said:

If I back on Kickstarter now, do I still get beta access?

Afraid not, no - there's currently no way to buy access to the game until we launch into Early Access. There's a mailing list you can sign up for here, as we'll be sending out an email when the game goes on sale again: https://goldhawkinteractive.us9.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=fc840addefb2d97f2d4d99c8d&id=57c4ad73dd