Very minor question but in the ‘finished’ version will the graphics of the MARS change when you alter the load out? Just trying the HEVY launcher on it!

Not completely sure yet. It depends if we set the MARS up so it can use every possible infantry weapon (in which case we probably can't do custom art for all those weapons) or we make specific vehicle weapons for the most popular weapon types (i.e. LMG, rocket launcher, maybe a shotgun / melee weapon, etc) in which case we can have custom art for each one.

I suspect we'll probably end up going for the second solution. However it's nice that the MARS can use all the possible weapons at the moment because it lets us see what uses people might put the vehicle to.

2 hours ago, TrashMan said:

Can you just use the same 3D gun model the soldiers use?

Yeah, we do in the ground combat - I was talking about in the strategy layer where the MARS will have painted art in the same way that the soldiers do.

With the MARS I can see the reason for having Xenonauts and aliens in bright, distinctive colours. The MARS's olive drab shell, while a natural colour for a remote weapons platform, is awfully murky, especially on farm maps. It has no pop like Xenonauts do. 

On 2/18/2020 at 11:34 AM, stewpidbear said:

Red! Because red ones go faster! Well known fact that :D

Very iconic 40k quote right there!