XCOM background art in Xenonauts

Hey everyone Im new to Xenonauts and Im shocked I didnt know about this indie game, its been around for awhile without my notice! I wont start suggestin crazy ideas here but Ill here often since Im an XCOM hipster lmao, I liked XCOM before it was kewl!!

ANyways, I noticed the Xenonauts art is heavily inspired by the original XCOM game, YES! Thats a very good thing, sadly the artist forgot this most important piece of background art:

1-xcom336.png

TThe XCOM project monthly report or purchase background screen alone with the shady corporate figures or operatives, whichever they are, standing in the back and the Smoking Man-like character holding a suitcase full of money is the most amazing and hopefully will be added into the Xenonauts game!! That kind of background adds a lot of atmosphere.

Im hoping the developers add it into the Xenonauts Monthly Performance screen in the style of XCOM. Get your art director working on it now! Thats my only suggestion for now and Im full of ideaz LOL... Everything else in the alpha footage gameplay was as swweet as candy and Im so glad I can finally put some of my money in the right place. Still deciding whether premium or standard. hmmmmm lol:p

On a lsat note, I read the whole f.a.q before creating this suggestion and Im sad you wont have female operatives in the game :mad: Im not thinking about the boys, they have themselves:rolleyes:, but girls worldwide who would of wanted this if they were approached by a tall, dark, and handsome to join a top secret organization!! a

Thank you for reading my thread.

The kickstarter kind of changed the stance on female operatives. While technically there aren't going to be any difference between male and female sprites in the battlescape there are going to be female names, portraits and paperdolls in the baseview.

Thank you, friends! Im so excited!! I wish I wish I can play the demo right now but I have to wait until I buy a strong PC.

The picture I showed, I wish others had an interest in seeing it remade into Xenonauts or to help me find a version without the text so I can save it because I really like it lol.

I love the poster of the good old Interceptor on the personnel background. It's just a shame that with the UI layout as it is, it's rather wasted as you can't see it.

I've no idea what the future holds as far as the UI is concerned, so I can't comment more than saying it'd be nice to see some way of making it more visible (some sort of hide UI button or semi-transparent menus perhaps?).

P.S. Snozy, I'm loving the Geoscape remix.

Thank you, friends! Im so excited!! I wish I wish I can play the demo right now but I have to wait until I buy a strong PC.

The picture I showed, I wish others had an interest in seeing it remade into Xenonauts or to help me find a version without the text so I can save it because I really like it lol.

You want the picture you posted minus the text? I can probably photoshop the text out for you if you like?

You want the picture you posted minus the text? I can probably photoshop the text out for you if you like?

That would be great if you have the time! I really appreciate your kindness, thank you!

Im glad you took the time to check the youtube music in my sig, Flufball.

Edited by Snozy

You can copy/paste the eye, flip it and paste it back on like so, makes it a bit better.

35jfpjl.jpg

Doesn't the X-Com folder have these images? I never bothered to check.

That looks great Jean-Luc - sorry if you got my previous post - I can't see some of the uploads on my work computer so didn't see it till I checked my phone and it looks really good! I did actually flip the eye, but due to the lighting it looked wrong but you're obviously better at digital artistry than me! Well done (I can claim a team effort at least :P )

Snozy those pitch black eye"whites" freak me out. Is that a operative meant to be a chrysalid zombie or something?

HAHA JL he lopks cross-eyed (or is that wind-eyed? no that doesn't sound right... probably swenglish.)

Apparently shes a Hybrid. Human and Sectoid. Didnt know that until now lol. aside the big eyes, I still like it, she killed a nasty bug ^_^

Thanks for the pictures, boys, I like them both!