So as far as posting videos....

Hi there, I had a couple of general questions, if anyone could help me out. There were a couple of things that I was hoping to do, and wanted to see if anyone could let me know if they were kosher. First, I wanted to do a small feedback stream of sorts with my small group of fellow strategy (and XDiv) fans. We keep discussing this over XDiv streams, but I had heard that this was the version in which it would potentially be allowed? I just wanted to get confirmation on that.

Second, I love listening to the air game theme, but couldn't just find the sound file for it. So I made a private video to just listen to, is it OK for that to be posted with credits, or no?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Coffee Potato said:

Hi there, I had a couple of general questions, if anyone could help me out. There were a couple of things that I was hoping to do, and wanted to see if anyone could let me know if they were kosher. First, I wanted to do a small feedback stream of sorts with my small group of fellow strategy (and XDiv) fans. We keep discussing this over XDiv streams, but I had heard that this was the version in which it would potentially be allowed? I just wanted to get confirmation on that.

Second, I love listening to the air game theme, but couldn't just find the sound file for it. So I made a private video to just listen to, is it OK for that to be posted with credits, or no?

If it's a private unlisted video then you're free to post the soundtrack to listen to; our composer does sometimes search for the soundtrack and copyright flag offending videos ... but if he can't find your video, you shouldn't get any copyright strikes.

Regarding the streaming ban, it's not tied to a specific build but rather the Early Access launch on Steam. If we don't think the game looks or plays well enough to go on general sale yet we'd rather people didn't post videos of it until it is :)

The composer experimented with an automated system for a while, which might have been what caused that in the past - when he searches manually these days he doesn't put in claims against videos that contain gameplay, he just gets annoyed when people post up the songs themselves as videos (i.e. sharing his work for free).

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you guys knew beforehand or not, but people still post youtube videos of the unfinished game

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJku2KBrmZphQ6H7O3MowCw

TBH I think he has some valid points about the new andron unit, its not that well balanced and it would be nice if we could get some confirmation as to whether it is going to remain like it is currently forever. I think me and a few other people would love to see the andron returned to its Xenonuats 1 form