Chris

Closed Beta V11 Balance Thread

Yep that´s exactly what I mean Coffee Potato. That Option were in the last Build for Medical Room, Generators, Workshop / Research integrated.

To bring in that again should be easy in an Upgrade for Version 11, esp. with that we said: Hangars, Training Center. One more I get in Mind: Radar!

I must say that after testing it, I LOVE the MARS. I've seen complaints about the health, but I just want to point out that if you want to use it as a pure tank, you can actually slap a Shield on that badboy. Plus being able to use a stun baton makes it the best stun method in the game currently. I loved using a shield and shotgun MARS side by side, they were able to take on 5 larger Sebillians by themselves pretty much in the open for a far longer time than expected. Add smoke to the mix, and they are just amazing for so many things. 

Edited by Coffee Potato

Yep I love the MARS-Vehicle too. Only the Weak Points which aren´t closed are a little Problem. But as a fast Scout with light Weapons (I give it a Rifle and a Shotgun last time) instead the Heavy Weapon (LMG) they are a great help for the Soldiers.

Would it be possible to see current armor condition and effects on the map? I've been wanting something like that since Xeno 1, it would be good to know what everyone can still take. 

Also, I feel like there needs to be a reaction or tu penalty to the heavy armor. Right now that 5 weight is kind of a no brainier. 

Edited by Coffee Potato

On 2/11/2020 at 12:30 AM, Chris said:

Yes, this is exactly what I was going to suggest. The MARS spawns an item when it's destroyed (which is why the wreckage offers cover), and we can make that a recoverable item - and then create a workshop project called "MARS Rebuild" that only appears when you have MARS Wreckage in your base stores.

It's great idea! To let dead things at our side, can bring much more ideas too.. as modding at least.

For the MARS, I am loving the wall removal ability. I unknowingly just Kool Aid Bott'd a Cesean that was giving us issues, and it felt amazing. 

Also, on another note, what are the odds of Ceseans and Wraiths being able to bleed out? 

1) I really think you should get an aim bonus when crouching

2) The heavy weapons chance of hitting and/or suppression is still way off

3) Sectoids are ok.  Super-Lizards too difficult early on in the game, esp when there are so many of them. The only time I've seen Androns so far it CTD and then the first hotfix came. 

4) I've not had an ariel bombardment yet

5) The speed of base-building means I can get to March before I've got a second functional airbase somewhere else.