[V10.1 Ground Combat] Multiple bugs? during assault on downed alien Observer

maxm222

Attached output logs and a couple of saves including just before I withdrew from the battle.  Weirdness included:

- The usual disappearing of portrait pics at the top of the screen after the first turn or two

- Occupying the alien craft for 4 "victory" turns with nothing happening after reaching turn "0"--i.e., no "victory."  One alien was still roaming around in the woods outside, so maybe that negates victory by occupation?

- Picking up alien weapons, ammo, and bodies (including being able to put alien bodies in backpacks--are we supposed to be able to do this?), and using alien weapons.  

- Soldiers inside the alien craft freezing after reaching -15 (minus 15) action points

- Soldiers' action points staying at 4--hard to get much done this way!

I hope that picking up alien weapons and ammo are "features;" that would help the "Death by Alien Alloy Starvation" problem.

output.log

output.log_1.89b5c4506ceeeada13f5490aac07d519

groundcombat-310.json

groundcombat-360.json

Edited by maxm222
clarification

Update: replayed the battle referenced above from a save.  Able to pick up and use enemy ammo and weapons, but didn't try stowing any alien bodies in backpacks, and things went much better.  However, the alien craft occupation countdown still led to no result that I could see and the top-of-the-screen portraits still disappeared after turn #1.

In any case, some players are still going to try to stash a dead alien in their packs and that will flumox the pack inventory system, so something will hopefully be done to prevent that.