Why do we need vehicles?

On 1/19/2020 at 7:47 PM, drages said:

Because it's cool and fun..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBP52dLpeno

I mean, it's not quite the same as a massive ADVENT tank like in that video, but thankfully we do now have our 1-tile vehicles working in the game and they'll be included in the next build.

Larger vehicles would require us to implement pathfinding for multi-tile units ... but that's not necessarily too much work. I'm sort of tempted to put some "proper" 2x2 vehicles into the game once we have the core gameplay working properly.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chris said:

I mean, it's not quite the same as a massive ADVENT tank like in that video, but thankfully we do now have our 1-tile vehicles working in the game and they'll be included in the next build.

Larger vehicles would require us to implement pathfinding for multi-tile units ... but that's not necessarily too much work. I'm sort of tempted to put some "proper" 2x2 vehicles into the game once we have the core gameplay working properly.

Oh please!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Chris said:

I want bigger units not to have over powered vehicles but to have overpowered fearsome boss style enemies.. I want to fight against andron mechs.. big space dinos at sebilians and alien queen style creatures at caesans. Make them every possible prop (houses, trees, vehicles..) crushable. So the only problem at pathfinding would be terrain. 

I want to feel the fear.. i felt it at terror from the deep.. i am still waiting a game to feel that. Even a ultra cool 1x1 alien unit would not make you fear if it does not have a cheaty mechanic (reaper like).. so as the enemy gets bigger, the thread lvl rises at players heart.. Even we would not have it at core game, it should be a DLC which is just over bigger units and aliens like xcom 2 special bossy unit dlc..

thx!

Yeah I don't know about placing that stuff in the base game. I'd much rather prefer the current grounded, somewhat hard sci fi setting the first vanilla game had.

Of course, if you can somehow mod the stuff you mentioned into a total conversion mod, like you did for the first game, then that would be pretty cool.

22 hours ago, Comrade said:

Yeah I don't know about placing that stuff in the base game. I'd much rather prefer the current grounded, somewhat hard sci fi setting the first vanilla game had.

Of course, if you can somehow mod the stuff you mentioned into a total conversion mod, like you did for the first game, then that would be pretty cool.

Sadly i won't able to put new creatures like x1 as all system goes to 3D from 2D.. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 3:15 AM, Chris said:

You must have needed animated 3d models to generate the 2d sprites for your X1 mod, though?

I got the models and i animated by myself, someone else coded to game as that spritesheet. But i was using a different animation program which won't support any game engines. I will see what we can do after the game released. 

Edit: If the modding support or you as devs can help, i am ready to hire some 3D modeler/animators to create extra enemies to put into game. There are some great examples which the devs supports the modders when they need to pass the modding limits or just need help. Because %95 of modders cares to add stuff to players side, enemy side is always the real deal. I can't imagine a game named Xenonauts without alien/xenomorphs creatures as enemies :).

Edited by drages

There are enough Enemys and special Missions in Xenonauts 2.

The Sebillians and Cesans are normal to beat / stun, but the other Enemys which are comming then are not from bad parents and give bad temper to you, esp. in the first Stages of the Game. That you can believe Drages. The Androns, Flying Disks and Reapers are real hard to beat. One Failure of you as Gamer and you have lost. I think that you mean. And the Missions get harder, esp. the Terror ones. :eek:

Therfore the Vehicles are needed to assist your Soldiers in all needs like in the first Xenonauts.

Edited by Alienkiller

Hmm.... then you will lose before the Player get warmed up in the first 1 or 2 Month. :) There will come more in the Base Game like I announced here elsewere. So be very carefull what you wish before you begunn playing the Final Game.

In short: That we don´t need. If you wanna Mod this later, then do it. But be warned it´s no easy Xenonaut 1 anymore where such Things could brought in.

5 minutes ago, Alienkiller said:

Hmm.... then you will lose before the Player get warmed up in the first 1 or 2 Month. :) There will come more in the Base Game like I announced here elsewere. So be very carefull what you wish before you begunn playing the Final Game.

In short: That we don´t need. If you wanna Mod this later, then do it. But be warned it´s no easy Xenonaut 1 anymore where such Things could brought in.

I said i will mod it already as i did my old mod for x-1. Main game does or can't have them already. I am curious about the enemies in the main game anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 5:15 PM, Comrade said:

You telling me that tracked death ain't grounded? Seriously though, power armor is way more out there than a mere tank.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 11:05 PM, Chris said:

You can kinda-sorta cheat by having them being static, like the tanks in JA2.