suggestion for air combat

jevry

so chris (was it chris? im very unprepared), i've heard you changed air combat abck to x1 for x2. now x1 combat was pretty cool and im happy its back, but it had flaws and i can see why you wanted to change it.
i'd apprecciate it if you would take some inspiration and take about 15 minutes of your time to try out this little old flash game about air combat from a 2d tactical top down view perspective
link: https://www.kongregate.com/games/weasello/steambirds 
it has a few similiarities to x1 air combat but also some differences and im hoping it will inspire you with good ideas to improve and build upon the xenonauts air combat

for example the way you select abilities of your own airplanes in this game is imo a lot better and clearer than in x1

This is basically a ground combat game, but if you can not shoot down the alien aircraft, you don't get ground combat. There for you don't collect alien technology, or resources, and the game STOPS!!

So please get the balance wright with this air combat, as the game rests on it.

Ruggerman, your opinions on how air combat could be better balanced while clearly strong, are somewhat light on details. If you were perhaps to take the time to narrate your experience of air combat, your thoughts and reasons for the air strategies you take, and your opinions on air combat in general a more technical and detailed format, that would better inform Goldhawk Interactive than merely an impassioned plea to fix it.

If you are so keen on an air combat game, why don't they just make one, and call it that. This is a ground combat game, and the air part, is only a means to an end.

I only fight a couple of air battle to get the feel of the game balance, but it is not a priority for me, as I would use auto resolve, and get to the ground combat.

This game is dependent of shooting down alien aircraft, if you can't do that, there is no game!!

The air war needs to be a progression, of as you get better hardware, the aliens introduce new and better hardware, the old eternal struggle.

3 hours ago, Ruggerman said:

I only fight a couple of air battle to get the feel of the game balance, but it is not a priority for me, as I would use auto resolve, and get to the ground combat.

Do what? 

You've overheard a conversation in the pub, walked over and stuck your oar in, because you're not really interested, you just want to make sure that everyone knows your opinion. Fine, go and share that opinion on topics you actually care about and not on subjects you couldn't give a monkeys for. 

Honestly just the change to a constantly moving background already feels awesome for me personally. I just hope they go the XDic route and put a bigger variety of UFO loadouts to play against. 

Vanilla carriers were just "Send 1-3 Foxtrots and forget"

XDiv is usually "send 3 fighters with guns/antimissiles, see what they're carrying, then either send 6 more, or send in the torpedoes". 

Or just more stuff to Dodge bullet hell style. Just feels nice when they feel like they're trying to stay in the air. 

Yeah I'm not sure how much copying XDiv is going to help. TBH air combat is kind of boring after a while and nothing would be lost from just making autoresolve strong. People who hate air combat will autoresolve and win almost every time, as they want to, and those who don't won't autoresolve and may lose or win.

Please add the 100% chance or whatever modifiers for autoresolve back, that system was so good in the previous game.