Questions about X2 (potential X1 spoilers)

Hello, I've been playing X1 and following the development of X2 for a while. I've looked around the forums and kickstarter page for information, but I still have a few questions, if anyone knows the answers:

1. Besides caesans becoming psions, are there any other major alterations to aliens or any additions/subtractions of species? Do they operate in the same way as X1, i.e. praetors control leaders control officers, etc?

2. Will weapons and armor research unlock parallel upgrades for MARS systems?

3. I love the singularity cores in X1, I think it's a fun mechanic for the big ships to each provide 1 power core for superpowered weapons. Any plans for something like this in X2?

4. Are there plans to elaborate more on the backstory of each race/the aliens as a whole? It's fun to speculate on origins when you see things like the similarities between praetors and harridans, and I would love to read some flavor text about how the aliens reached their current state.

Sorry if these have been answered before, I tried to find answers before asking here.

So far, here's what I've seen:

1- There are more reaper variants. Harridians bring these scarab looking crab things. Psyons use Mind War instead of Unnerve and Mind Control, basically the same idea, but less random. They also have different versions as scouts. Sebillians have super bulky variants. 

2- If it's anything like X1, I'd assume they'd get something similar. They haven't said much about the Mars yet, but modular armor is coming soon. Hopefully the Mars gets that system too. 

3- Probably likely, I'd expect more X-Div type stuff for needing to repurpose parts for fancier planes. 

4- They were covering this in the last dev log. Basically this is a work in progress, but coming. 

@ Col. Flanders: Your Questions are all fine. You don´t need to appologise for them.

@ Coffee Potato: Yep, I have the same Information like you for Question 1 and 4.

What Question 2 belongs, there the Devs said in the last DD´s, that they are working on the Vehicles and on the Modular Weapon /  Armor-System. It should come in the next Version incl. the Vehicles (they mentioned that everything is already there, but not fully implemented). 

What Question 3 belongs, we have to wait for the Beta-Tester-Reports and new Infos from the Devs. But they are changing some UFO-Parts to X1 in UFO-Buildup and Recovery.