Getting very tired of "Hidden Movement" screens that hide my troops getting shot at point blank range

When I brought this up before, no one seemed to know the answer.  What are the "Hidden Movement" (HM) graphics (big box with X1 graphics covering most of the screen) during the alien turn phase in combat, supposed to mean?  In X1 they appeared once per turn, and seem to simply be a heads up to the player that aliens are making, well, hidden movements.

Currently however, the graphic pops up repeatedly during the aliens' part of a turn, with no discernible reason for appearing.  Alien movement outside of the squad's line of site (LOS) take place without a need for the hidden movement graphic.  I've had the HM graphic block an alien turn phase combat which involves aliens running up to my troops and shooting them at point blank range--how can that be considered "hidden" movement?  

This issue is something that has really decreased my enjoyment of combat.  Has anyone found it desirable? 

Pretty sure it's a bug. You can see that visibility cone calculation is done sporadically during the game. It looked to me that if enemy starts a move outside of your vision then you get that "Hidden Movement" graphics and it doesn't go away till visibility cone is recalculated.

• Like 1