Improvements in recent build that I like; In future: alien smoke; smarter civilians?

This is not an exhaustive list.

In the 10.1 build, I really like:

-       Graphic of new aircraft being constructed on runway at base

-       New drop ship graphics

-       New layout of drop ship

-       Improved AI of aliens—esp. waiting when humans have good defensive positions, instead of charging at human troops

Would like in the future if possible

-       Aliens that use smoke

-       Civilians who don’t run around aimlessly—instead head for shelter or friendly troops or the drop ship

• 3 weeks later...

TBH Alien smoke seems like it could either be really annoying, really useless, or maybe very OP. In general terrain modification probably shouldn't be a tool given to the AI because of how dumb it is. If we give the aliens smoke grenades, I wouldn't be surprised if they just covered the entire map in smoke.

Phoenix Point is a good example of Comrade's fears made flesh. The Triton enemy type can emit a substance which I will, for the sake of argument, call smoke. This smoke does not go away. Left uncontrolled, Tritons can quite easily cover large swathes of the map in smoke that is hard to see through and is hazardous to the player's units. Alien smoke would have to be quite, quite temporary. 

If a few alien units had just one smoke grenade to use, it wouldn't be bad. For example, if a unit is hit once, it might want to use a smoke grenade to prevent being hit again, or prevent having its nearby friend hit. It would also give away the general location of the aliens.