[Mission] Requesting Expansion

Mask

I didn't notice any posting guidelines specific to X2's section, so I guess I can just write this up here?

Premise

At first, I presume we once again start off with one base and a small budget. I suggest that, after you have proven yourself, one of the nations/conglomerates pays you to set up a new base in their territory.

Mission

The nation pays you up front, enough to set up a small outpost. You would get a mission to protect their region of the globe from alien activity for a period of time. You get a score for the mission based off what percentage of alien schemes you thwart, with a bonus for the number of schemes.

You then would then get an increase in funding from that group according to your mission score. If you score badly, they may reduce funding as they feel you took the money and didn't spend it towards protecting them.

Afterword

I think a mission like this is logical, interesting, and useful for gameplay. As the alien threat increases and starts hurting nations, and as you show yourself capable of resisting the threat, other nations are going to want some of that. This helps and encourages the player to start up their second base/outpost.

You could balance the game around similar events, if you wanted to. Have expansions happen at the correct point in the interest curve, to give the player more to think about once they're used to running one base. Line it up with alien escalation, so that the player is in a position to help more of the world before they get hit hard, and etc..

Edited by Mask
  • Like 1

We will get much more in the Game since in the Predecessor. You won´t get borring in having Missions, that I can say for sure.

Your Idea is good, and I hope too the Devs will bring in it in. But maybe its in the implemention plan for the Game in Beta-Versions / Early Access.

Edited by Alienkiller
  • Like 1