Sign in to follow this  
stewpidbear

UFO Roofs Indestructable?

On one of the middle eastern maps I had a squad on overwatch on top of a building 5 squares away from a UFO. I can blow in the sides with a HEVY launcher but not the roof bug or not? I wanted a hole in the roof to cover the side incursion. Sorry about grenades but it is different!

11E5F184-B768-4DAF-90BC-0C7C6EC02143.jpeg

Edited by stewpidbear
Apology

6 minutes ago, stewpidbear said:

On one of the middle eastern maps I had a squad on overwatch on top of a building 5 squares away from a UFO. I can blow in the sides with a HEVY launcher but not the roof bug or not? I wanted a hole in the roof to cover the side incursion. Sorry about grenades but it is different!

So yeah, all floors and roofs are indestructible at the moment - I suppose we could try making it destructible though as we do have support for units jumping down levels now.

32 minutes ago, Chris said:

So yeah, all floors and roofs are indestructible at the moment - I suppose we could try making it destructible though as we do have support for units jumping down levels now.

Okay, so I am going to ask the really important question here: can we also jump UP levels now? Like with the Parkour perk or some exoskeleton tech?

48 minutes ago, Dagar said:

Okay, so I am going to ask the really important question here: can we also jump UP levels now? Like with the Parkour perk or some exoskeleton tech?

Unassisted soldiers can't, no - but if you think carefully, you might remember there was a device in X1 that allowed you to move vertically :)

In the original X-Com, with certain UFOs it was very cool to blow some holes in the roof and simultaneously assault from there and from the ground. If there are no technical hurdles, roofs should also be made destructible now.

• Like 1