Chris

Modular Armour System

On 11/19/2019 at 5:17 AM, Ruggerman said:

Will you be able to tell them a part on the battle field, or will they be pink?

Is that a serious question? Why on earth would they be pink? I assume you are referring to potentially missing art assets which in an alpha/beta situation is not exactly out of the ordinary but not a thing to worry about when it comes to actual release.

On 11/26/2019 at 10:42 PM, Kaiphus_Kain said:

Is that a serious question? Why on earth would they be pink? I assume you are referring to potentially missing art assets which in an alpha/beta situation is not exactly out of the ordinary but not a thing to worry about when it comes to actual release.

Whether they were tongue in cheek, I think both questions are valid.  If I need to zoom+rotate or go to inventory screen to find who is wearing mask among the ten or twelve soldiers, I'd be annoyed.

As for pink, well, sure, it's not something to really worry about.  I still remember the pink mechs in Battletech, post-release, or the wrong item icons in Afterlight, post-final-patch.  If it happens, it happens.

It's a good point to bring up. As ground combat is zoomed out, it's going to be difficult to tell smaller details like gas masks. The ground combat UI has a bust portrait of the solider at the bottom of the screen with the solider in their armour, and there's a facial portrait of each soldier at the top of the screen. I'd suggest that the facial portraits are updated the same as the bust portraits once modular armour is introduced. 

• Like 1