TrashMan

Your Xenonauts 2 wishlist?

I think that if you did put a health bar next to each soldier and alien, it would clutter out the screen, or it would need to be small, and unobtrusive!!

no it wouldn't - it would just be the way it is in XCOM2

it could be done as selectable option so each gamer could decide (just as the decision whether to use ironman mode)

xcom2 health bar.png

Each soldier has an information box, with Health and Time units, there could be added a percentage figure, in there as well. Maybe!!

but the health bar with percentage would make more sense right above the person or alien, wouldn't it?

You look more often to the play field rather than to the box

The two substances that are required all the time are alien alloys, and Alenium that are handed out in such small quantities, as to be painfully.

Could the all great wise one give us a little more, so as to give the illusion of having a chance of a win.

I personally don't like having super-accurate data.

I'd rather have rough visual cues (bleeding, enemy damage model/decals or posture/animation change) or as Jagged Alliance 2 did it, general description (Healthy, Injured, Near Death, etc..)

The button on the soldiers status block at the bottom of the screen, that indicates kneeling would be nice, if it also indicated the present stance, either standing or kneeling. At this time it only changes colour.

Your thoughts please!!

I did an X2 UI mockup in a hidden thread at least one years ago, may be two.  Here it is.

I was also proposing a slightly more flexible secondary scheme, so you'll see three tools instead of two.  That was before X2 reverted to backpack.
Otherwise, I hope it would be pretty intuitive.  It may be too late in the development cycle to revamp now, but for what it is worth:

(Click to Enlarge. Image is 1920x1080.)

830946380_X2UI_q90.thumb.jpg.e83447ea2b43ca529f85fe29a10e3cfc.jpg

• Like 1