General impression of V9 after a year off Xenonauts 2

Hi Chris and the gang,

Due to a bunch of circumstances, in the last year or so I found myself not playing the beta so far and in fact pretty much any other game. However, I ended up coming back to it the other day and I have to say I'm loving it, even if it does seem a like an X1 revision now, I don't really find that an issue since X1 was awesome in my opinion :)

So let's see - love the autopsies, the music, the reintegrated air combat (hated the new model), the geoscape (which could use some more interesting events in it), and also love more then anything the increasing variety of approaches for a given battle (i haven't gotten to it yet, but is there a flamethrower and/or mortar? I saw the HEVY in game and i really loved it). How about veichles? Are there any expected for the Xenonauts? Do the aliens get any ?

Also, is there any list of which alien races are in game so far? I couldn't find any on the forum so far and I don't really have the time to start going over the old posts (terribly sorry about that, again - life is to blame!)

To bad about the equipment bug - I'll probably get back to playing as soon as its squashed. Also, pleaseeee add more equipment icons, that system has so much potentail - especially shield/riot control and medic. Those seem like an absolute must to me.

Cheers and good luck with the rest of development!

So far all the same races from before are in there, with some variants added in. Ceseans (now Psyons) got little Sectoid looking engineers, Sebillians got their liznerds that can't take a tank's worth of damage, Wraiths got their little scrab looking situations, and there's different sizes of Reapers now too. Some of them look a little goofy still, like the Reapers kinda looking like they bathed in shoe polish, and their AI is basically nonexistent still. Oh, and we got fighter civvies back. 

that's disappointing as that was one of the only points I really didn't like in X1 - the aliens and the poor variety in their types. Sure, the sub-classes is nice and all, but at the end of the day you fight most aliens with a strictly "pew-pew" approach without that much tactical variety with the exclusion of the wraith (i think that was the teleporting sniper's name) and the reaper of course

On 11/1/2019 at 3:18 PM, raziel1981 said:

that's disappointing as that was one of the only points I really didn't like in X1 - the aliens and the poor variety in their types. Sure, the sub-classes is nice and all, but at the end of the day you fight most aliens with a strictly "pew-pew" approach without that much tactical variety with the exclusion of the wraith (i think that was the teleporting sniper's name) and the reaper of course

It should be noted that they seem like they will have different roles. Their gear setups have been mentioned to serve different roles, like the heavy Sebs taking the HMG suppression spray approach you generally saw a lot more of in XDiv. The little crawlers will probably ignore terrain, psyons seem like they have suppression and Mind War flavors. Generally they seem to be working on that, so just remember that the AI doesn't have an I yet, shoot and go is literally their only mode at the moment.