"[ V8.3 - Ground Combat] Soldiers stuck in helicopter floor on Terror Site Mission, with some initial graphics problems

maxm222

"[V8.3 - Ground Combat] Soldiers stuck in helicopter floor on Terror Site Mission, with some initial graphics problems

(NOTE: THIS WAS REPORTED ONCE BEFORE IN V8.1 ON 10/18/2019 WITH NO RESOLUTION NOTED.

(AND ANOTHER NOTE: I just noticed that someone else reported that the old X-1 chopper graphic is the landing craft for this mission--hadn't noticed that.  The old chopper only has 8 seats, so the last two guys are stuck through the floor in the back.  Doh!  That should save you some time).

At the very beginning of a Terror Site Mission when all troops are still aboard the helicopter, the last two soldiers at the back of the chopper both appear to be standing on the ground (glowing green mark), although their upper bodies are in the chopper.  I tried moving them, after all other soldiers had disembarked without incident, but could not get them to move, and no pathing graphic appeared.  They could still be rotated, and their profile appeared at the bottom of the screen.  I tried various things including firing (they wouldn’t fire), trying to move after all the other troops had moved, etc.—nothing worked. 

During the first two alien and friendly moves, the Hidden Movement screens seemed odd—the title screens appeared intermittently, and occasionally the screen was entirely black with no other graphic, or entirely black with only the the small hit and miss lettering appearing in one spot or another.  The Hidden Movement screens returned to normal after the first couple of move cycles.

I played the battle out until the end with no further problems except that the two stuck soldiers remained stuck until the end, despite tries to get them to move.  I loaded the last save (at the “commence mission” window in the Geoscape) and had the same results.

See attached screenshot and save/log files.  Wasn't sure if you wanted the .txt & .log files.

output.log

output.log_1.a286dba966bc9e3f79353e23e428082c

strategy-50.json

StuckChopperSoldiers.jpg

Edited by maxm222
clarification

On 10/28/2019 at 3:49 PM, chiroho said:

This looks to be the same terror site map where a problem was reported the other day by sinushawa. Per Chris, this is an outdated map that they'll correct in an upcoming release.

Yeah, I also have had some issues with this particular map, including the one you listed, as well as some additional ones. I think they are on it. :)

• Like 1