Quality of Life Request (Indicators)

There's a feature that Silent Storm had that I always wanted to see in all XCOM-likes. Namely indicators for when units snuck just out of sight, but without exact locations. I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but I love to play this game on one screen while working on another, and sometimes this means I forget or miss when a unit is hanging out right on the periphery. I like that X2 has included the ability to keep all vision gained during your turn to this effect, but I was curious if it would be possible to see something like this for us multi tasking folks. 

Image result for silent storm game

• Like 1

The first Firaxis XCOM attempted to address this by having the directional sound which gave you some idea of where an alien might be located. They continued that in XCOM2 But Phoenix Point does this with basically a sort of "echo location" when your soldiers can "hear" a sound coming from a particular part of the map. So you cannot see the enemy, but you can hear approximately where they are. It's even possible to shoot at and hit them using the echo location as a target. It looks like this:

01nHAkh.jpg

With the rings continuously moving out from that centre point of light. 

• Like 1