[V8.1 - Geoscape] time does not run smoothly

squeezechart

time does not run smoothly if I click on speed 2, 3 or 4 - it seems game pauses for a sec after each game hour that has gone by.

Using speed 4 reveals the longest interruptions.

This happens late game and on all builds I tested.

I am using Win10 64bit build 1903 on a laptop with i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060 and NVIDIA ForceWare 419.72.

During game, the GTX is used and not the GPU embedded in i7.

user-22.json

Edited by squeezechart

On 10/18/2019 at 7:29 AM, squeezechart said:

time does not run smoothly if I click on speed 2, 3 or 4 - it seems game pauses for a sec after each game hour that has gone by.

Using speed 4 reveals the longest interruptions.

This happens late game and on all builds I tested.

I am using Win10 64bit build 1903 on a laptop with i7-7700HQ and GTX 1060 and NVIDIA ForceWare 419.72.

During game, the GTX is used and not the GPU embedded in i7.

user-22.json

Thanks. I won't be able to test this for another week or so as it looks like the save is from V8.1 rather than V8.2, but if the Geoscape starts running slow at a particular point in the game it's either because something exists on the Geoscape that is slowing things down more than it should (like an alien base checking for detection multiple times a second, etc) or just because so much stuff has accumulated on the Geoscape that we need to clean it up or optimise it. In either case it's an issue that everyone will probably experience so I'm not worried about missing this one in the next batch of fixes, because it'll definitely be encountered and reported again so we'll probably get it fixed in the near future anyway!