Xenonauts-2 Closed Beta V8.2 Hotfix Released! (Experimental Branch)

Today we're releasing another hotfix for Beta Build V8 that is on our Experimental Branch. You'll need to switch to those branches if you want to get an update over Build V7; please follow the link above for instructions on how to change branches.

Changelog:

• Ground combat saves should now load correctly.
  • Fixed a crash when one of your interceptors was shot down in air combat.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when your interceptors were intercepting a Fighter UFO that was in turn intercepting your interceptors, causing two "battle initiated" popups to occur.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on detonating C4 in the ground combat.
  • UFO diagonal wall destruction should now correctly destroy both sides of the wall.
  • Alien Base resupply missions now have a longer flight time and spawn less frequently, so an alien base in radar range won't continually interrupt time by spawning UFOs that can't realistically be shot down.
  • It is no longer possible to right-click unequip the basic armour in the Armory, leaving your soldier with no body.
  • Replacing a dropship soldier with another soldier already in the dropship should no longer clear both loadouts.
  • The soldier portraits of soldiers equipped with armour should now update to reflect that armour.
  • Damaging certain objects in the ground combat should no longer result in an endless fountain of rubble spraying out of it.
  • Scroll speed on the mission end debrief panel increased.

Please give this build a test and see how it works - if it is relatively stable then we're planning to push V8.2 out onto the Stable branches at the end of the week to make room for a pre-test version of V9 (which I'm writing a Development Update on as we speak).

On 10/16/2019 at 12:12 AM, IIPLIICaptainSPrice said:

I heard that Laser Weapons are bugged did you guys checked that @Chris ?

How are they bugged? I'm not actually aware of any bugs with the lasers at the moment.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:36 AM, Solver said:

I don't see a terror mission fix in the list. Both in v8 and v8.1, terror missions make the old helicopter return, meaning you also get two soldiers stuck in the terrain.

Ah, damn. Maybe that is something we should release another hotfix for, as it's a very simple thing to fix...

Ah, damn. Maybe that is something we should release another hotfix for, as it's a very simple thing to fix...

I think it's enough to fix that in V9, it's not a game-stopping bug, you can continue playing the mission as is. Although I still think the starting squad should be reverted to 8 soldiers anyway.