[V8.1 armory screen] soldier display glitch

sinushawa

17 hours ago, sinushawa said:

In the armory, unassigned soldiers get their armor removed. The display of the soldier is missing the bottom part (related to the missing armor?).

Thanks for the report. Yeah, that visual bug is caused by the soldier not having armour assigned - but I'm not sure what has triggered that. If I start a new game and go straight to the Unassigned soldiers (and even if I hire a new one) the soldiers still have armour and appear normally. I assume that's the same for you? If so, do you have any idea what you did before these guys lost their armour?

I did not manage to reproduce exactly the same case. But it looks like it is coming from the aircraft view where I replace a soldier by another one already in the dropship, the newly re-assigned soldier loses all equipment including basic armor. How I managed to get the soldier in my original image with just the armor missing I don't know.

step1.thumb.jpg.15161cc125f082208be43c0981490225.jpgstep2.thumb.jpg.5efeb9bbfbcfbc7979540a33b052b0c4.jpgstep3.thumb.jpg.b410721cf10eab703172d817c8528f17.jpg

On 10/9/2019 at 8:26 PM, sinushawa said:

I did not manage to reproduce exactly the same case. But it looks like it is coming from the aircraft view where I replace a soldier by another one already in the dropship, the newly re-assigned soldier loses all equipment including basic armor. How I managed to get the soldier in my original image with just the armor missing I don't know.

Great, thanks for the extra info. So I did a bit of testing myself and it looks like you can just right-click to unassign armour like you can any other piece of equipment, which causes the effect in your original screenshot (it shouldn't allow you to remove the basic armour).

Looks like you've also found a second bug too with the soldier assignment clearing the loadout. We'll have a look into what's causing that.

Just to add to this, I changed the soldiers assigned to different Skyawks (i.e. from Skyhawk 1 to Skyhawk 2) all of my soldiers lost their loadouts. In addition, some had their armor unassigned or swapped. I re-formatted for clarity (I hope)

Background

Given I have two skyhawks

when i switch which skyhawk a soldier is assigned to

then the portrait of that soldier becomes incomplete 

and their loadout is no longer editable.

Scenario

Given I change a soldier's state to unassigned

Then their portrait returns and equipment is the default loadout

Scenario

Given I recruit soldiers

When they are pending arrival

Then all their portraits are also lobbed off as seen above.

Scenario

Given I update a soldier's loadout

When I view other soldiers with the same named loadout

Then they are placed into the same state as the background no matter where they are assigned.

Edited by None

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. We'll get the loadout clearing on switching dropships fixed up for the next update hopefully, and I'll have a think about the other stuff too (there's some choices we need to make about who is accessible on these screens and who is not).