Xenonauts-2 Closed Beta Build V8.1 Hotfix Released! (Experimental Branch)

Today we're releasing a quick hotfix to the major Beta Build V8 update we put out on the Experimental Branch on Friday. The V8 builds remain on the Experimental Branch so you'll need to switch to those branches if you want to get an update over Build V7; please follow the link above for instructions on how to change branches.

Changelog:

• Soldier rank and attribute gain in combat should correctly be reaching the strategy layer.
  • Fixed a crash when you tried to launch a Raid mission (this was due to a missing local forces model).
  • Troops returning from a strategic operation should now correctly be freed up to go on another strategic operation.
  • You can once again update the weapons on your aircraft on the Aircraft screen.
  • Using right-click to unequip a weapon in a soldier's Primary / Secondary slot should no longer leave the ammo behind, potentially causing weapons to end up loaded with the wrong ammunition.
  • The "Equip Loadout" button should once again be functional.
  • Newly recruited soldiers are once again now in transit for 3 days prior to reaching your base.
  • Fixed a bug that led to a fixed number of civilian and local forces spawning in each mission.
  • The caravans on the desert map are now 100% blocking instead of 60% blocking.

Please continue to let us know if you encounter major issues in the build, particularly if they are new bugs you had not seen in V8 prior to the hotfix!

Amazing timing, I was wondering about the ETA on 8.1 because I might have some time to play this evening.

You made the switch back to relative TU costs a few builds ago, but in V8 the costs for throwing grenades (and I think some other special actions like medkits) is still constant. Throws are 25 TU. Is this intended?

@Chris it's possible to make to make like in xenonauts 1 time units and other stats limit to 100, cuz it's kinda stupid when you reach +30 max for each stats and you can't get better. It was cool when you were able farm those soldiers to reach max stats, after that new group of PVT going to missions. When gonna be difficulty lvls like: easy , medium , hard , insane, +mby GOD lvl xD(Beating the game with balistics weapons only xD). Also it's possible to change visual of those ships, cuz those ships look like a flying alien toilets xD.

Make the game great again.

Edited by IIPLIICaptainSPrice

3 hours ago, IIPLIICaptainSPrice said:

@Chris it's possible to make to make like in xenonauts 1 time units and other stats limit to 100, cuz it's kinda stupid when you reach +30 max for each stats and you can't get better. It was cool when you were able farm those soldiers to reach max stats, after that new group of PVT going to missions.

This thread isn't really for balance discussion, but I don't really get why you think this is stupid - are you saying that with a bit of practice anybody can get equally good at anything? I like the way this system models variations in aptitude at certain tasks, while still allowing for a lot of improvement in each skill. Without that the starting stats of soldiers are meaningless and the difference between a good starting soldier and a bad starting soldier is just that they need to go on a couple of extra missions.